Trapped by rain for one month,until today!

turbojonn

Registered
I just recently finished my bike project. After I finiched it I parked it nose out in my garage, were it has been sitting for a month now, waiting for the rain to stop. For the last month I've either been working or it's been raining. Two weeks ago I saw a ten day forcast on the news (how do they now?) and every days icon was a black cloud. I was so bummed.
Today we had an unpredicted sun break that started at 11 am. The roads were dry by 2 and I was gone by 2:01. I felt like a little kid at Christmas. I didn't have anywhere to go, anyone to see, no purpose for the ride at all. It was the best time I've had in a month.
I discovered two things: cold tires in the damp weather don't grip well, and 275 hp is way too much hp when you haven't ridden for a month and you want to whack the throttle at 80. Oh, I guess I learned a third lesson today, DO NOT try to steer with your front wheel in the air... it does absolutely nothing.

laugh.gif
cool.gif

John, hope you can make one of our group rides next season...there will be ALOT of them.
smile.gif

Cool!!! I can't wait either! I saw the sun break and wanted to get out. The streets down here were still soaked so I stayed in but I was definitely craving a ride!! Keep your eye on the PNW forum. We are very active and always looking for a ride and get together. There's lots of us here!!!

Can't compete with that, but planned on riding yesterday and got rained out. Made up for it today, though.
biggrin.gif

Back