transporting bikes$$$$$$$$$$$$$

dragonbusa

Registered
After some recent threads of slow shipping of of bikes, I"m thinking about going in to shipping bikes. I"ve been a trucker for 16 years with well over 1.5 million miles. no accidents, no incidents, not even a ticket. For the prices you guys are paying for what seems to be poor service, I think I could make good money,and get the bikes there on time. I could have moved that bike from KS to FL in 24 hours. Next time someone needs a bike moved long distance, Give me shout.

good idea. i hope you make bank. maybe put an add in welnecks classic cycle trader. its about time someone stepped up the game. bike shipping can be a pain.
good luck, i'll give you a call if i ever need ya. :thumbsup:

Actually, i personally think private owners get hosed by shippers..

People would be sick to know what we pay a transporter per bike from an auction in san diego to phoenix, enclosed, and FAST, to the shop door, no muss no fuss..... (hint:its LESS than 50 dollars per bike)

granted its a single route they run for business's only over a short distance.... but still...

Is Uship safe? Has anyone used it? I was checking prices and its about 700 to ship my bike to say, New Orleans. I would really like to talk to someone who has shipped a bike before with them.

Looks like most carriers will pick up at my house and deliver to a residence. If I am in control how when and how it ships, paid via paypal, I would think it would be relatively safe transaction. Sorry about all the questions guys, I just want to protect el numero uno. Wish an org member was interested, I would feel better.

After some recent threads of slow shipping of of bikes, I"m thinking about going in to shipping bikes. I"ve been a trucker for 16 years with well over 1.5 million miles. no accidents, no incidents, not even a ticket. For the prices you guys are paying for what seems to be poor service, I think I could make good money,and get the bikes there on time. I could have moved that bike from KS to FL in 24 hours. Next time someone needs a bike moved long distance, Give me shout.

I think you will need volume and a few carriers to make this viable and competitive. I wanted to ship my Husky to Alaska and back (dual sport 290 lbs.) and aborted as the cheapest price I could get was $3,400.

Problem with uship is its all the hot shotters competing. Nothing against the hot shotters but the small guys tend to give the big companies a bad name, i've got a bunch of buddies that run this way and they all hate uship. From time to time i'll move trailers, campers boats etc. local for some extra cash, charged this guy offered 300 bucks to take a 30' camper from pueblo colorado to brighton, i jumped on it said the cheapest he got on uShip was 800

I think it was around 2.5 hours, drive down, pickup trailer, drive back north drop and back in my driveway cash in my pocket:laugh:

I dont think i'd trust anyone but bigger companies or a fellow busa brother, lot of fly by night hot shot operations around

Problem with uship is its all the hot shotters competing. Nothing against the hot shotters but the small guys tend to give the big companies a bad name, i've got a bunch of buddies that run this way and they all hate uship. From time to time i'll move trailers, campers boats etc. local for some extra cash, charged this guy offered 300 bucks to take a 30' camper from pueblo colorado to brighton, i jumped on it said the cheapest he got on uShip was 800

I think it was around 2.5 hours, drive down, pickup trailer, drive back north drop and back in my driveway cash in my pocket:laugh:

I dont think i'd trust anyone but bigger companies or a fellow busa brother, lot of fly by night hot shot operations around

thanks for the information bro, I did find a company called Heritage Motorcycle Shipping. They use Allied van lines exclusively and ship thousands of bikes each year. I really hope I dont need any services. If the stinkin sun would ever come out and the weather would warm up, I think I would get more hits.

You know it's funny Because right now I'm debating I'm gonna get my bike shipping from california 2 pennsylvania
Posted via Mobile Device

Back