transporting bike without trailer...help

sweet tea man

Registered
Won't have access to a trailer for this years bash, so I need help. Transporting it with my 2010 Ford Ranger.

Point me in the right direction for a wheel chock and loading ramp. Budget is around 6-700 total. Thanks guys
Posted via Mobile Device

Get that chock and a tri-fold ramp and you will be in business for less than 200. :beerchug:

Got a link for a ramp? I remember there being discussion about a black widow a while back. I'm on my phone right now inbetween painting cars here at the shop. Lol. No real time to search
Posted via Mobile Device

came across this option, curious if the Ranger can handle it? Ramps GALORE here:
http://www.motorcycleramps.com/motorcycle-ramp.htm

sport-bike-hauler.jpg

Last edited:
I got this one.
Here it is on my trailer (4X8 box)
I liked it because it was very long which means not a steep climb if the bed is up high, and heavy duty (but light).
Excellent quality and fit.
Also used a Baxley sport chock for the front.
It will bolt to a 3/4 inch sheet of plywood that you can slide into your box.
Big Boy 2 Multi-Purpose Motorcycle Loading Ramp

1.JPG

2.JPG

you can get a trailer from Harbor Freight for like $350. Slap some 3/4" plywood, tie offs and chock and you have a inexpensive trailer (that you can easily resell). You can ping IG. on here for more info, he bought one, there's a thread in the busa hauler section :beerchug:

- Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

For the cost of the ramp(s) you would be better off with this inexpensive trailer.

And that tongue hitch setup.... Hooken brought his that way for a few years to the bash, he has a class IV hitch and was towing with a denali XL but said it hauled just fine back there.

I would also get a Canyon Dancer for when you are hauling. It goes on the handlebars and allow you to put the tie down straps to it. Keeps the tie down straps away from the plastics. For the 30 bucks or so that you spend on it, it's a great investment.

Got a link for a ramp? I remember there being discussion about a black widow a while back. I'm on my phone right now inbetween painting cars here at the shop. Lol. No real time to search
Posted via Mobile Device

Here ya go Sweet Tea Man, Black Widow Motorcycle Ramps From Discount Ramps.com

That is the ramp I purchased and love. Brought it to the bash last year also. I think having that thing made me the official tow driver.

Bikes are easy to load and unload with that ramp. Discount ramps is also the same place I purchased mine from. It was delivered in 3 days to my front door.

If you go to harbor freight, here is a coupon for you.:thumbsup:

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    300.1 KB · Views: 582
I ve hauled my busa with my 2004 Ranger and it did good. I made a chock out of 2 by 4s and screwed it together used the factory tie downs. went 150 mile one way, use a bank for on and off and a good aluminuim ramp.

I make these, but I'm in Oregon.. The trailers I'm making now break down in half, remove the axles and you can pack it in the back of a Subaru wagon or something that size. You can also break it down and store it in a closet inside.

DSC02347.jpg

DSC02344.jpg

Last edited:
x2 on the canyon dancer.

my bike rode about 600 or so miles from la to ok, and then around my town for three days till i got there to unload it. still tight and didnt budge.

Canyon Dancer Inc.

If you have access to have someone help you load it at home there is no need to spend the money on a ramp!

There is plenty of people to help you unload it and reload, at the bash!

Back