Transportation thoughts/ideas........input??

BubbaWood

Registered
So i have been tossing a few ideas around in my head about my transportation troubles to the bash.....wanted to bounce em off you seasoned travelers to see what y'all thought and maybe even get some input.

The problems im having though, firstly, are that i dont particularly want to drive the full 12 hours from my home in Corry, PA to the bash alone, and none of my friends have motorcycles to join me on this trip (minus chrisjp but he has to work and has a family etc etc). I also do not have access to a trailer n hitch for my little 4 banger SUV nor the funds to be filling up a truck. Secondly, and not nearly as pressing of a matter as the first is sleeping arrangements for my self (mainly due to funds).

so the idea(s) i have are:

1. Find someone around the halfway point between here and the bash location that is going to the bash and has either a truck or trailer that would be willing to allow me to accompany them to the bash and then back to the original meeting location given that i provide half of the expenses for the trip both ways and then upon arrival to the bash set up a tent.....given that there would be no flak from management about a small 1/2 person tent in the non visible portion of one of the cabins grassy areas? :thumbsup:

2. Brave the trip the whole way down on the motorcycle and chance it all and upon a hopeful arrival pop a tent and call it a day ( again given theres no flak) :thumbsup:

3. not really any other ideas other than say wait another year?

so the question is... is either of these decent ideas? and if say the first one is the best option, is there anyone that fits that description available?
and secondly would management mind a small 1/2 person tent hiding beside a trailer in a non visible part of the lawn:laugh:?

as i said just bouncing ideas around open to suggestions tryin to see what options i have. Im not trying to impose or anything simply exploring all possibilities given the short time frame and possibly limited fundage. thanks for reading hope i dont sound like an idiot :banghead::banghead:

Where's frog when you need him...he is the master at bash travel tactics. If not soon, when the bash gets a bit closer you'll see a lot of activity around coordinating trips.

yea i saw some of that when chrisjp and i were planning the trip to the '11 spring bash . im just trying to get somewhat of a jump on it so i can save, plan, and initiate things accordingly. mainly for the funds and to prep the bike if need be. idk i feel a little stupid about the post but hey im not always the quickest horse in the race or the brightest bulb in the box :laugh:

Don't you need a BUSA to go to the BUSA BASH? :lol: J/K, good luck bud! Hope someone helps ya out!

There are 2 campgrounds close to the Phillips to stay at. I've stayed at the one just outside of town the year before last. $15 a night, super clean bathhouse and the lady who owns it usually cooks every night. For a small fee you get a home cooked meal and can sit around the fire and BS with other bike people. The other is less than a mile from the hotel and the price is the same. I've never stayed there but have rode by, looks so-so.

Stayed here Kickstand Lodge motorcycle campground
Close to hotel Welcome to Simple Life Campground with Cabins: North Carolina Mountains: Motorcycle Campground, RV Campground and Tent Campsites
behind kickstandlodge Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge near Deals Gap and Cherohala Skyway

I should be at the kickstandlodge this year. I've camped on the lawn at the Phillips( Loomis let me use the side yard ) you just need someone to let you have access to the bathroom. Good Luck, hope to see you there.

We had a visitor from Canada last year that popped a tent behind a cabin. You should be able to manage a ride. Like said, the closer you get the better your chances. Patience Grasshopper :laugh:

I'm an old fart I get to do that. :rulez:

Soldier, if I come you are welcome to my couch gratis.

Andy slept out under a tree a couple years ago. LOL.

But I don't think there would be an issue with you pitching a tent somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Forum Runner

Where's frog when you need him...he is the master at bash travel tactics. If not soon, when the bash gets a bit closer you'll see a lot of activity around coordinating trips.

Do do alright for myself :laugh:

I'm lookin at the trailer option for my Scooby Doo this year. I'd offer to pick ya up Bubba, but the car isn't rated to tow anything, so I'm not super excited about 1 bike and a trailer, much less 2.
The riding down wasn't too horrible, just make sure you have 2 days leeway on either side so you can avoid the rain, that was my only complaint.

thanks for all the input folks. it wasnt showing the new posts when i would load the org so it took me a bit to see em...
ive crunched some numbers and to comfortably come down there would cost in the ballpark of $600-$850 with the car and thats before renting or finding a trailer and purchasing a hitch etc.
to ride down would be in the ball park of 400-500 bucks with stops and fuel possibly a one night hotel stay in case of bad stormin or exhaustion
other than that not sure about what else but thats what ive come up with so we shall see may have to sell some things ........
anyone want some bachelor pad stuff :poke::rofl:

just kidding, bad joke :whistle:

I don't wanna get poked with any of your bachelor pad "stuff"! Especially if you're just gonna roll around laughing afterwords! :laugh:

Back