Transmission Problem

paineless4u

Donating Member
Registered
ok, I know this is going to sound really crazy but bare with me. I finally got the beast together and started it up but my gear shift sequence is the exact opposite then it should be. Meaning Neutral is now between 5th and 6th and 1st gear is where 6th gear is suppose to be. so basically instead of up shifting to get into higher gears I am now downshifting. Am I missing something here or what? 1st gear is now 6th and 6th is now 1st?
rock.gif
? I didn't do anything except take the gear shifter off, I didn't mess around with anything else. Please tell me this is a brain fart and not something serious.

The gear shifter arm that mounts to the shaft is on upside down. Your arm is probably facing down right now when it needs to be up like the photo below. Rotate it around, remount it and it will be normal. You are set-up for GP style shifting right now!
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|justintime2
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108107222 -->

gear_shifting.JPG

oh man I better delete this post before I get flamed
biggrin.gif

blush.gif

biggrin.gif

blush.gif

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:green'><span style='font-family:papyrus'>TOO LATE YOU GOT CAUGHT.  </span></span></span>  
wow.gif
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108866051 -->

biggrin.gif

blush.gif

biggrin.gif

thanks man I will switch it around right now.....

<!--EDIT|paineless4u
Reason for Edit: "grammer"|1108108271 -->

Make sure you turn the seat around as well so that you're facing in the right direction....
smile.gif

Can Anyone tell me what #38 is in the diagaram posted under this message and what dose it do. I took my Busa to the dealer a while ago 2000 Red & Grey and when I got it back it looked like some one screwed with that part or something similar to that part that can be scene on the side of the motor. After that I could never shift the bike past 10000 RPM. When I took it back to the dealer they told me I had a bent shift dog. Any input would be aprreciated. The part I'm talking about has a wire coming off the end of it.  
rock.gif

Can Anyone tell me what #38 is in the diagaram posted under this message and what dose it do. I took my Busa to the dealer a while ago 2000 Red & Grey and when I got it back it looked like some one screwed with that part or something similar to that part that can be scene on the side of the motor. After that I could never shift the bike past 10000 RPM. When I took it back to the dealer they told me I had a bent shift dog. Any input would be aprreciated. The part I'm talking about has a wire coming off the end of it.  
rock.gif
Welcome to the board.

Item #38 is listed as Base Assy. Gear Shift Term. I have no idea that else to tell you.

Back