Transmission "clunks"...

sloper10

Registered
After an accident with a car last week (my right side into driver's door, slow speeds) that left me on the pavement under the left side of the bike. I've noticed that the transmission sounds and feels a bit "clunky" and sometimes it is difficult to find neutral. My insurance adjuster has not shown up yet so I have not had it in the shop to repair the bodywork and replace the clutch and brake levers. Has anyone else experienced an odd transmission after a fall? Thanks in advance for any insight....

may wanna hold off on riding it till you find out..

I know at one point a clunky tranny meant something bad.. btu I can't remember what it was.

may have bent/damaged a gear dog.. maybe why it's harder to shift/find neutral.

-these are not the words of an expert.. I just remember reading that gear dogs cuz lots of problems when they get bent... and if your bike landed on the left side it may have really jammed the shifter and done did it.

dam Ego now your scarin me i get a harley sounding transmission once and awhile. God now im scared who to have my bike fixed by .

haha.. yep.. thast my job, scarem' and dishearten em.

nah,, Thats just all the input I had to that matter.. some of these guys that really know their stuff could probably pinpoint the problem.

I don't think bent gear dogs "come and go" it's a constant thing.. always hard to get the next gear engaged.. etc.

Back