Translate this shop talk into English.

steelhead

Registered
New 1000kms on a new 200 hp naturally aspirated stock bore, none turbo, no NOS busa. ENGINE: 12:1 high C/R YOSH piston kit YOSH stage 1 cams YOSH full tri-oval dual tip exhaust(RACE) complete Head work and porting HD springs, oversize 1mm stainless valves velocity stacks,

What is a naturally aspirated stock bore? Engine 12:1? Is that stock? Yosh Piston Kit? What's that?

Is this bike easy to maintain, or is it lot's of additional maintenance?

Sounds cool.

8c9e_1.JPG

(steelhead @ Jul. 07 2007,18:58) New 1000kms on a new 200 hp naturally aspirated stock bore, none turbo, no NOS busa. ENGINE: 12:1 high C/R YOSH piston kit YOSH stage 1 cams YOSH full tri-oval dual tip exhaust(RACE) complete Head work and porting HD springs, oversize 1mm stainless valves velocity stacks,

What is a naturally aspirated stock bore? Engine 12:1? Is that stock? Yosh Piston Kit? What's that?

Sounds cool.

8c9e_1.JPG
New 1000kms on a new 200 hp naturally aspirated stock bore, none turbo, no NOS busa. ENGINE: 12:1 high C/R YOSH piston kit YOSH stage 1 cams YOSH full tri-oval dual tip exhaust(RACE) complete Head work and porting HD springs, oversize 1mm stainless valves velocity stacks,

What is a naturally aspirated stock bore? <span style='color:red'>No forced induction (turbo/supercharger)</span>
Engine 12:1? Is that stock? <span style='color:red'>No 11.5 to 1 is stock</span>
Yosh Piston Kit? What's that? <span style='color:red'>Heavy duty/higher quality</span>

Is this bike easy to maintain, or is it lot's of additional maintenance? <span style='color:red'>No more then stock!</span>

Sounds cool.

8c9e_1.JPG

8c9e_1.JPG

(steelhead @ Jul. 07 2007,18:58) New 1000kms on a new 200 hp naturally aspirated stock bore, none turbo, no NOS busa. ENGINE: 12:1 high C/R YOSH piston kit YOSH stage 1 cams YOSH full tri-oval dual tip exhaust(RACE) complete Head work and porting HD springs, oversize 1mm stainless valves velocity stacks,

Sounds cool.

8c9e_1.JPG
200 horsepower: pretty self-explanatory

Naturally aspirated: no forced induction (supercharger or turbo would be forced induction)

Stock Bore: they didnt machine the inside of the cylinders, and the piston is the same diameter as the original.

none turbo: I think he meant non-turbo.

no NOS: Not running nitrous oxide

12:1 high C/R yosh piston kit: He changed the pistons to ones with a higher compression ratio - this is going to require premium unleaded, but it's where he's getting more power.

Stage one cams: the cams have a little higher lift, duration, etc, so that the valves open sooner, close later, and open further.

Head work: he's had some porting and/or polishing done to the head to make for better air flow.

HD springs: valve springs are stiffer than stock. this will keep them following the cam profile better, especially at high RPM's

Oversize valves: valves are larger, as are valve openings in the head. it lets more air in per valve open/close cycle.

I don't see anything that jumps out at me thats going to give you anything substantially more maintenance issues than the stock bike, but it depends on who built the motor, really. If the person knew what they were doing, you should be good. if they didnt, well, its gonna run like shid.

(heavybusa @ Jul. 07 2007,16:07) That is a EBC members Tybalt71 ride (he may be here too)... I'll ask him.

Here is his ride

I like his bike. We're actually both from Toronto (small universe).

Thanks for the input. If you have anything to add, please do.

(05BusaLe @ Jul. 07 2007,16:04)

Sounds cool.

8c9e_1.JPG

What is a naturally aspirated stock bore? <span style='color:red'>No forced induction (turbo/supercharger)</span>
Engine 12:1? Is that stock? <span style='color:red'>No 11.5 to 1 is stock</span>
Yosh Piston Kit? What's that? <span style='color:red'>Heavy duty/higher quality</span>

Is this bike easy to maintain, or is it lot's of additional maintenance? <span style='color:red'>No more then stock!</span>

Sounds cool.

8c9e_1.JPG
Stock compression ratio is 11 to 1
wink.gif

8c9e_1.JPG

(BA BUSA @ Jul. 07 2007,19:29) Stock compression ratio is 11 to 1  
wink.gif
oops my bad 11.5 to one is my truck! Sorry I just got done ordering all the parts for my trucks power plant.
Going for 600 hp and 900 lb ft of tq
super.gif

That will help my Tahoe mooooooooooove!

(steelhead @ Jul. 07 2007,19:24)
(heavybusa @ Jul. 07 2007,16:07) That is a EBC members Tybalt71 ride (he may be here too)... I'll ask him.

Here is his ride

I like his bike. We're actually both from Toronto (small universe).

Thanks for the input. If you have anything to add, please do.
It looks like you have gotten all of your answers.

Its cool that you two are in the same area.
beerchug.gif

I apprieciate the kind words my friend, we can go for a coffee, let me know when you are back in town steelhead from Seoul.
the pics do not do this bike justice, you will have to see it in person
beerchug.gif

SORRY TYBALT71,
I hate to break it to you, but it looks more like an extreme wolf in pimps clothing !!!!! LOL !! Unless you got some hot a$$ sheep up there !!!

(steelhead @ Jul. 07 2007,20:15) Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'm digging this bike. How much would it cost to get these mods?

bowdown.gif
Someone on oRg with us states around 2K
tounge.gif

Hmmm.....more horsepower..........Gofaster and I are looking to build something along these lines to give us a reason NOT to buy 08's to go with our 02' / 05' selections........Shhh..don't tell him I'm thinking up ideas............
super.gif

HMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....................................................somebody get me an engine stand............

Back