Train's first time trailered...

Definitely a sad moment, BT! Things will be different without 'Da Train. I'm not sure how I would feel about losing Baby J. I got rid of my Katana and may get rid of my Volusia without problem, but losin' her would be very tough. Hey, just a tip but if he is going to trailer her back home make sure to put something under the canyon dancer straps so it doesn't wear the paint off that corner of the plastic.

Maybe getting that 10R right away will be a good move for you. At least help take your mind off missin' 'Da Train! Besides, we're all here for you if you need to let loose or anything!

Sad day in Busaland..... But, its nice to know your not giving up motorcycles all together! Hope that new bike gives yea what the Busa couldn't.

Bah, Pisser but all I gotta say is make damn sure this FNG on the Train Posts up and gives us one pick a week so we can inspect for cleanliness and general health... Seriously though You gotta give this dude the Org's address... We gotta keep track... One other thought... Is this guy going to have a Helmet and a rain suit with him? He he he... Could be a long wet ride from the looks of it, and if we are talking riding bikes, thats not always a good thing...

So Uh Bullet, should I be expecting a little package in the mail??? I can also beam you $40 now to cover shipping...

I don't know what to say. I got the same exact year and color scheme. Man that must break your heart BT.:(
Knowin' that I should be rollin' on the 10 tomorrow helps.
wink.gif

Definitely a sad moment, BT! Things will be different without 'Da Train. I'm not sure how I would feel about losing Baby J. I got rid of my Katana and may get rid of my Volusia without problem, but losin' her would be very tough. Hey, just a tip but if he is going to trailer her back home make sure to put something under the canyon dancer straps so it doesn't wear the paint off that corner of the plastic.

Maybe getting that 10R right away will be a good move for you. At least help take your mind off missin' 'Da Train! Besides, we're all here for you if you need to let loose or anything!
The Canyon Dancer isn't touchin' the plastics. The trailer is wide enough that strappin' to the front corners spreads them enough that they are nowhere close to the lowers. In the pics it does look like it's close. The straps are actually a LOT closer to the ends of the brake/clutch levers than they are the plastic.

Besides he ain't trailerin' her home. I'm just haulin'er to the bus stop to pick him up and to my bank to do the deal. We'll roll'er off at the bank and he'll take 'er from there. Hope he's bringin' some warm clothes. I think his wife is comin', too. He may be divorced by the time he gets back to Florida makin' her ride in this cold weather...
eek2.gif

Bah, Pisser but all I gotta say is make damn sure this FNG on the Train Posts up and gives us one pick a week so we can inspect for cleanliness and general health... Seriously though You gotta give this dude the Org's address... We gotta keep track... One other thought... Is this guy going to have a Helmet and a rain suit with him? He he he... Could be a long wet ride from the looks of it, and if we are talking riding bikes, thats not always a good thing...

So Uh Bullet, should I be expecting a little package in the mail??? I can also beam you $40 now to cover shipping...
He has the link to this site. This is where he saw my listing on Da' Train.
wink.gif
I'll try to get him to post up occasionally though. I'd like to keep up with 'er too.

Don't know about wet, but it's pretty cool here right now. Rained a bit last night but I think the wet is supposed to be gone now and a cold front is comin' through. Ahhhhh, the busa curse must plague even the buyers of used busas. It'd scare the hell outta me to ride a busa home in GOOD weather. Don't think I've read about anyone doin' that yet.
rock.gif

As for the package, it should go out Monday. Got a pretty full plate today so I don't know if I'll get to box them up and get 'em out or not. No need to send the shipping money right now. Just go ahead with the original payment plan whenever you can.
wink.gif

wink.gif

The Canyon Dancer isn't touchin' the plastics. The trailer is wide enough that strappin' to the front corners spreads them enough that they are nowhere close to the lowers. In the pics it does look like it's close. The straps are actually a LOT closer to the ends of the brake/clutch levers than they are the plastic.

Besides he ain't trailerin' her home. I'm just haulin'er to the bus stop to pick him up and to my bank to do the deal. We'll roll'er off at the bank and he'll take 'er from there. Hope he's bringin' some warm clothes. I think his wife is comin', too. He may be divorced by the time he gets back to Florida makin' her ride in this cold weather...
eek2.gif
Didn't figure you would let anything like that happen. Guess I also didn't understand the plan for the trailer until now. We'll all be glad when Sunday rolls around and you have that new 10R in the garage. Hey, are you keepin' the stands for the project 'Busa, getting rid of them or will they work with the Kawi? Just thought of that one.

I sure there's been a explanation somewhere...But selling the Busa to get a 10...What's up???
evil.gif

Yeah BTs been trippin' ever since his friend bought the ZX6 (or ZX9?) and he rode it. He's switched sides, but he won't become the enemy until he starts talkin' shid.
wink.gif

If you all remember, a few months back BT was talking about selling the Busa because he wasn’t riding it that much and he didn’t feel comfortable on it. Everyone kind of talked him into not selling it.

I think deep down inside he just didn’t want the Busa, he wanted something different.. No harm in that.. And some of the other bikes are looking pretty sweet.

I think it is just difficult to be a long time member of a Busa board and then one day decide you no longer want a Busa, you want something else. Just not something you feel like sharing with everyone
smile.gif

hey, BT
I know what you feel I had to let two bikes go at the same time.
GSXR1100 1988 and 1989. Not an easy thing.

Meanwhile, you could play with that picture you have with the green 10 in your garage and photoshop the color to black
wink.gif

good luck
smile.gif

Didn't figure you would let anything like that happen. Guess I also didn't understand the plan for the trailer until now. We'll all be glad when Sunday rolls around and you have that new 10R in the garage. Hey, are you keepin' the stands for the project 'Busa, getting rid of them or will they work with the Kawi? Just thought of that one.
Yeah, here's a pic showin' how the strap was. If I were gonna haul a bike a lot I'd do the PVC grip cover thing, but other than that the Canyon Dancer is a superb piece of equipment to have if you haul much.
wink.gif

35088439.jpg

Oh, and the 10R will be in my grubby paws as soon as the dealer opens in the AM unless something crazy happens. Just talked to them. They said they won't get back soon enough to get it prepped in time for delivery before they close. They said it would be ready at my earliest convenience tomorrow though. Yep, BT will be sittin' in the parkin' lot when they pull up to open.
biggrin.gif

I can't fuggin' WAIT!!!
drooling3.gif
Works out ok though. If I picked it up today I'd have to haul it. No ride down there. My bud with the 6RR took off tomorrow and sunday from work so we can go get my bike and RIDE this weekend since I'm off. So, tomorrow I'll get to RIDE 'er home. I'd prefer ridin' it home, but don't get me wrong, I'd trailer that bitch in a minute to get to have it today. The biggest problem I'd have with that is I gave Matt a LOAD of poop for haulin' his home instead of ridin' it. I'd never hear the fuggin' end of it if I hauled mine home now.
laugh.gif

In a matter of hours, folks...
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Well, congratulations all over again! Glad you will be almost out of financial difficulty and ridin' all at the same time.

I sure there's been a explanation somewhere...But selling the Busa to get a 10...What's up???
evil.gif
Didn't sell just to get a 10. I sold to use the equity in the busa to knock out a lot of my high interest credit card debt. Wasn't gonna buy another bike for a couple months, but I found out that what I wanted was HARD to find. The dealer found one (The ONLY one in the southeast US) so I jumped on it while I could get it. If Kawi had kept black for '05 I would have waited to buy a replacement. The plan was also to wait and find out what the '05 LE busa color was, too. Hadn't ruled that out. Seein' the '05 busa graphics though I didn't have much faith in Zuk. If they're goin' with the cheesy tri-tone graphics on the standards I'm afraid the LE might be at least two tone. Maybe not two paint colors, but I'm bettin' the decals will suck ass. Of all the poop on the busa they need to update, the friggin' decals get changed... and for the worse.
mad.gif

If you all remember, a few months back BT was talking about selling the Busa because he wasn’t riding it that much and he didn’t feel comfortable on it. Everyone kind of talked him into not selling it.

I think deep down inside he just didn’t want the Busa, he wanted something different.. No harm in that.. And some of the other bikes are looking pretty sweet.

I think it is just difficult to be a long time member of a Busa board and then one day decide you no longer want a Busa, you want something else. Just not something you feel like sharing with everyone
smile.gif
It's not that I didn't want a busa, it's the fact that I want so badly to experience the lighter. more nimble bikes. The busa was my first sport bike. It was a great bike, I just feel like I'm missin' out on somethin'. It's kinda like marryin' the first girl (or dude) you sleep with. As great as it may be, eventually you will likely become at least a little curious as to whether there might be somebody else out there that could make you happier.

I'm just venturing out and experiencing other rides. I know I'll end up with another busa sooner or later, whether it's a used project bike, or maybe the '06 redesign.
wink.gif
Right now I just feel the need to try somethin' different. I had decided not to sell Train to buy a 600 or 1k, but since I ended up sellin' her for other reasons and I'm lookin' for another ride, why not get it out of my system and experience what I think I want to experience?

It's the draw of the superbikes' "personality". It has nothin' to do with not wanting a busa. Now, if I could just sell a wife if I thought there might be a better one out there I'd try that marriage thing, too.
laugh.gif

hey, BT
I know what you feel I had to let two bikes go at the same time.
GSXR1100 1988 and 1989. Not an easy thing.

Meanwhile, you could play with that picture you have with the green 10 in your garage and photoshop the color to black
wink.gif

good luck
smile.gif
I'm so tied up in the excitement of finally gettin' to experience a litre bike that the real sadness hasn't set in I guess. Yeah, it was hard to watch her go. While I was showin' him around the bike I kept takin' the key out and puttin' it in my pocket. I said something about it and his wife joked about hte fact that the money, not the keys, goes in my pocket now.
laugh.gif

It wasn't easy, but it would have been MUCH harder if I didn't have another mount virtually waitin' for me to move to. Especially a mount as exciting as the 10.
devil.gif
I just hope she whispers her name in my ear on the way home. I don't want to keep callin' her "The 10"...
biggrin.gif

Back