Trailers

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
Found one local, 7x14 with everything I wanted. The dealer was stead fast on his price. If I could have talked him down another 250 I would have bought it. I hate dealing with people on stuff like this. Oh well, I will wait another month or so and find a good used one. Surely someone will be looking to unload one in the spring. The brand was Interstate, anyone heard of this one. He said they are a relatively new company and they are wanting to get their name out. Not enought to meet my price I guess. The cheapest I can find local for a new one is 4k, and that is what I offered the dealer today.
deadhorse.gif
Sorry, had to rant.

I'm really surpriosed they wouldnt budge on price. Maybe you can call the guy back in a couple days and see if he's still interested in unloading it at the price you asked for.

Seriously, I told him that I had one more I was interested in, and if he could match the price, I would buy today. He said no. He may call me later this week, but I wont call him back. Makes me wonder what they would be like to deal with on service or warrenty issues. They price match, comparison shop, bla bla bla. I would have like to have taken that baby home, but like I said, I will wait another month and find one.

Interstate has been out for quite a while. I think he was full of BS. They are a good trailer, but not on par with the likes of Haulmark or Wells Cargo. Did you price one out with O C trailers? They would deliver to you as they go down to Texas to pick up trailers. You should give them a shot. www.octrailers.com

must be trailor day Jim.
laugh.gif
.....called for the 7x16 today, they are to call tomorrow for info when we can pick it up....
I think the guy is stuborn and thinks that you will come back and he will wait for you to crawl back to him, which tells me he's makin his $$$$.
guns.gif
....and can sit on it till someone else comes along !! I dislike dealing with people like that , We are in sales,service and if we are higher in price I find out why and explain. So if this tailor is 250 more than he should try to find out and sell you the idea there are better options on his trailor, which you in turn could then justify the price......but to just say no....
guns.gif
The problem I have is $5500 here for trailor and $3900 SAME specs trailor 250 miles away....it doesn't cost 1600 in fuel and delivery charges for one trailor !!!

guns.gif

Look on Craigs List. I have bought 3 or 4 from there. Last one was a 8x16 for 1200.00 Wells Cargo trailer.

Seriously, I told him that I had one more I was interested in, and if he could match the price, I would buy today. He said no. He may call me later this week, but I wont call him back. Makes me wonder what they would be like to deal with on service or warrenty issues. They price match, comparison shop, bla bla bla. I would have like to have taken that baby home, but like I said, I will wait another month and find one.
Wouldn't call him back either because you appear desperate and that's what he wants.

There is a manufacturing plant in Kingman, AZ. About 40 miles from me.

I talked with a person I work with and he went Wells Cargo. He told me he had seen a lot of Interstate trailers with roof issues after highway driving over time. I can not verify this however.

Me? Wells Cargo or Haulmark.

r8

Interstate has been out for quite a while. I think he was full of BS. They are a good trailer, but not on par with the likes of Haulmark or Wells Cargo. Did you price one out with O C trailers? They would deliver to you as they go down to Texas to pick up trailers. You should give them a shot. www.octrailers.com
I will have to check them out Hal, thanks. No prices on their website. Will have to call.

must be trailor day Jim.
laugh.gif
.....called for the 7x16 today, they are to call tomorrow for info when we can pick it up....
I think the guy is stuborn and thinks that you will come back and he will wait for you to crawl back to him, which tells me he's makin his $$$$.
guns.gif
....and can sit on it till someone else comes along !! I dislike dealing with people like that , We are in sales,service and if we are higher in price I find out why and explain. So if this tailor is 250 more than he should try to find out and sell you the idea there are better options on his trailor, which you in turn could then justify the price......but to just say no....
guns.gif
The problem I have is $5500 here for trailor and $3900 SAME specs trailor 250 miles away....it doesn't cost 1600 in fuel and delivery charges for one trailor !!!
Ben, I feel your pain. I can get one through trailer giant for 2500, but its in Georgia. The same company has the same trailer in Dallas, but because its in Texas, it adds 1200 to the price. Add fuel cost to that, I can buy the same 4k trailer here locally. I dont know. Pain in the arse!
ohthedrama.gif

guns.gif

Wouldn't call him back either because you appear desperate and that's what he wants.
I wont be calling him back. I will keep looking, there are like 20 trailer dealers in and around the Tulsa area. Some have what I want some dont, but 4k is the lowest I have found so far.

hurry up ....small print says sale price good for 2 weeks after post !!!!

Doesn't make sense about price does it, heck I bet if you call them on it, they would respond, different trailor and it was sold...etc..etc
ohthedrama.gif

I'll throw this out there as well for the folks who would consider the midwest area close enough to drive to buy a trailer:

trailers are VERY cheap around here, since most of them are MADE around here. Elkhart Indiana is THE manufacturing site of trailers and RVs in this country. if you find something you want to buy thats in elkhart, mail or pm me and I can go check it out for you and get pics, etc. if you want it, feel free to use my place as a free hotel while you pick up your trailer. I'll even grill for you, if you're nice to me. =)

I'll throw this out there as well for the folks who would consider the midwest area close enough to drive to buy a trailer:

trailers are VERY cheap around here, since most of them are MADE around here.  Elkhart Indiana is THE manufacturing site of trailers and RVs in this country.  if you find something you want to buy thats in elkhart, mail or pm me and I can go check it out for you and get pics, etc.  if you want it, feel free to use my place as a free hotel while you pick up your trailer.  I'll even grill for you, if you're nice to me. =)
Now there is an offer!

thumb_up.gif

r8

nothing mind blowing, R8. Crash at my place, hope to not get eaten by a cat or a serval, etc. We're about to have about 2200 sq ft for 2 people - i think we have the room.

Back