Trailering my bike

I've used a canyon dancer on the last 2 bikes i've owned and neither of them rubbed the plastic and i've never needed a wheel chalk either...

Canyon Dancer for the front, and i use the grab rail to tie down the rear of the bike...

Lots of good info posted above
cool.gif

As an added safety precaution, I usually take some blue painter's tape and wrap up the tie-down hooks where they go through the soft straps or anchor points. This prevents the hook from popping out if you should hit a pothole, bump, or curb unexpectedly.

Don't ask me how I know this can happen
rock.gif
Let's just say that opening up an enclosed trailer to find your $30K bike "almost" on its side is NOT a good feeling
laugh.gif

Lots of good info posted above
cool.gif

As an added safety precaution, I usually take some blue painter's tape and wrap up the tie-down hooks where they go through the soft straps or anchor points.  This prevents the hook from popping out if you should hit a pothole, bump, or curb unexpectedly.

Don't ask me how I know this can happen
rock.gif
  Let's just say that opening up an enclosed trailer to find your $30K bike "almost" on its side is NOT a good feeling
laugh.gif
Amen to that!
face7.gif

+1 for the canyon dancer. If you use it get the nylon straps over the the metal ends of the handlebars. It locks the bike in, keeps of the plastics, and doesnt twist the sh@t out of the grips. I went from Indiana to Florida with it, no problems. I did use 6 tiedowns all together. Good Luck.

T.J.

Thanks everyone for the help but flrider set me up with the magnum bar, straps, everything I needed and even brought it all over....THIS BOARD ROCKS!
super.gif
beerchug.gif
biggrin.gif

I also recommend the folding ramps in PDBusa's photo. They are from Sears and come in a pair for $99. Spray some no stick on them and your good for low $$$$$.

Here are actual pictures tied down. You will have to excuse the dirty floor
smile.gif

busa3106.jpg

busa3105.jpg

2 straps in the rear none in the front and your good to go just like the condor but a lot cheaper ..

post_6_40167_chock1.jpg

Back