trailering a bike without a wheel chock

sweet tea man

Registered
any downfalls in towing a busa on a trailor without a wheel chock? ive got it strapped from the front nice and tight with my canyon dancer, and strapped from the rear at the grab rail going ack good and tight. made it here no problems, just stopping every little bit to double check things.

bad? ok? input welcome guys. thanks!

I have trailered like that before just keep an eye on it to make sure it doesnt shift... but when you can get a chock. I think harbor freight is still having a sale on them for 29 they are usually 39 if I remember correct

we have two new ones at the house. long story short, alot of things got in the way, lost track of time and they never got installed.

If your trailer has a wooden floor you can lay a piece of 2X4 on each side of the wheel and screw it to the floor.
The bike won't shift side to side if you do this.
If it doesn't have a wooden floor lay a sheet of plywood down first and the do the same thing.
Did this thousands of times in my old dirt bike days.

ive trailered mine a ton of times using canyon dancers, if you have them tight, the bike is not going anywhere

If you have a rear stand put it on the stand & wrap the straps around the swingarm, under the stand arms & back around the swingarm. Attach both ends to the anchors. The adds more stabilty & keeps the bike from swaying & loosening the straps. I have logged more miles than I care to think of w/ out incident this way.

There's been a few incidents written up here where strapping a Busa inside a trailer didn't work out to well. I think the issue is the Busa is just to heavy. I got one shipped for less than fifty from harbor freight and it worked well for me.

DSC00983 (Medium).JPG

I had no issues in the back of my pickup as i tied the bike down from 4 points. the front bars and then the rear passenger pegs and it seemed to work out fine.

If your trailer has a wooden floor you can lay a piece of 2X4 on each side of the wheel and screw it to the floor.
The bike won't shift side to side if you do this.
If it doesn't have a wooden floor lay a sheet of plywood down first and the do the same thing.
Did this thousands of times in my old dirt bike days.

Little frugal Common sence goes a long way..

d.o.t. says...do not secure in opposing directions, only proper way to strap is downward.

Tie/strap off the lower triple clamp and you will avoid possibilities like scratching your fairings with the straps or bending your handlebars (helibars were known to bend)

tie the rear down or forward either from the rear passenger peg brackets or off the swingarm. The higher you tie, the more exposed strap you allow, thus the more slack is possible to occur.

I use three straps when I trailer...2 off the lower triple clamp, one from a side of the trailer wrap around the rear wheel and attached to opposing side....rear strap lays flat on trailer. Its only purpose is so the rear of the bike does not bounce.

Back