Trailer Spacing

Punisher

Donating Member
Registered
Can anybody tell me what kind of spacing you guys are using on your trailers to sepereate two Busas? I'm working on a trailer and wanna make sure I get it right.

Tanks!

How wide is your trailer
rock.gif

Working on getting mine setup and took measurements a couple days ago. At its widest point the Busa is about 24" wide, so take that plus the room you want between each bike and room on the sides to figure the total width. Hope that helps.

Working on getting mine setup and took measurements a couple days ago.  At its widest point the Busa is about 24" wide, so take that plus the room you want between each bike and room on the sides to figure the total width.  Hope that helps.
So 24" at the widest. I guess that's what I'm actually looking for since I'm building the trailer. Thanks guys. I think I can get it from here.

I dont want to contradict Ken, but I thought the busa measured almost 36" from the tip of the mirror to the tip of the mirror. My trailer is 6ft wide, and the bikes are about 24 inches apart. I left 3 inches of clearance from the mirror to the wall of the trailer.

post_6_89847_Stand_006.jpg

Hummm...Guess I'll have to measure mine later to find out...haha. Don't wanna make her to narrow for sure.

Nah, it's gonna be an open with 3 rails. that way I can either haul mine in the middle by itself or 2 on the sides if I need to haul a buddy's. I'm going with a low setup that way there isn't more than a foot or so off the ground for lower CG and easier loading for my lazy butt
laugh.gif

Nah, it's gonna be an open with 3 rails.  that way I can either haul mine in the middle by itself or 2 on the sides if I need to haul a buddy's.  I'm going with a low setup that way there isn't more than a foot or so off the ground for lower CG and easier loading for my lazy butt  
laugh.gif
Cool deal. How are you doing the axles with a low deck height?

I've gotta use spindles to do it. I've started drawing some of it up. gotta go find the spindles I want so I can get them drawn up too.

I measured from the exhaust because I normally fold the mirrors in, but that 36" may be more accurate.

you making something like this. i can get you some pics of under it if it would help

2275828314_df1477f9cb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I put the outside edge of the chock mount 16" from the wall on the Busa Side and 14" from the wall on the GSXR side.

This gives plenty of room and lets me walk between the two bikes. My trailer is 7' wide.

P1040117.jpg

Back