trailer question

00sscam

Registered
I would like some input on this question. I will be buying a enclosed trailer has any one looked into the smallest one possible to load 3 bikes. V-nose is a must i will be using the stands that pin the rear axle with a shaft (bar) so no tie straps will be used on any bikes. I am thinking one bike in the center 2 bikes sided by side in the rear.

like this 0
0 0

What is the smallest traler i can buy i will be halling the traler with a full size chevy so no gear will be in the trailer?

Bikes Hayabusa ,Blackbird, Valcorie

Very good advice above.... I have a 6x12 with 3 foot v-nose and its a very tight fit, but I can get three bikes in! The 7 wide would be a easier fit.

where ya located? I know of a guy who's been trying to get me to trade my gixxer for his fairly large trailer (2006 model), I'll get you in contact with him if you are close enough.

I've got a 7x12 and it is just about perfect for 3 sport bikes. I've had 3 big twins dressers in it and it is tight but possible. Like the bug said, you can do it with a 6x12 but 7x12 is easier.

I would do as said above...buy the biggest you can afford...we started out 7ft width for more room and 12ft length but 7x14 was only $100 more THEN kept lookin and a 7x16 was only $100 more !!!

for $200 we added 4ft......PS...has a vnose and extra 6" hieght also !!!

trailorgaint.com ask for TIM....tell him we refered ya
ours should be ready for pu in a week or so....

PS ...sorry but wasn't sure where you live....and as you see we live 825miles and 13hrs from the trailor location, but saved so much $$ compared to prices up here we will drive to pick it up..

I'm just curious why you would opt for the smallest trailer?
Easier to pull through the drive through, less parking issues. Less drag on the tow vehicle, pulling faster speeds, smalled tow vehicle required.

Some times I wish mine was bigger, some times I wish it was smaller.

I'm just curious why you would opt for the smallest trailer?
maybe to keep a single axle. In PA dual axles require brakes and yearly inspection.
ThumbsUp.gif
ahhh that makes sense...

Thanks guys for the input I wanted it small for the Issues Professor stated my Xterra will be pulling it wanted to tuck it in behind. I live in the dutchess county Fishkill NY area. I did Datona last year i had the Busa on a 4x8 open trailer would rather go inclosed next year. Thanks again

or try to get a all aluminum one there very light!!usually the good on thule/cargopro ect are 6.5 wide..

really helps with big bikes like the busa!!

I've got a 7x12 and it is just about perfect for 3 sport bikes. I've had 3 big twins dressers in it and it is tight but possible. Like the bug said, you can do it with a 6x12 but 7x12 is easier.
Pics Rick... I want you to show the guys what you have for a floor!
laugh.gif
(Rick is proud of his stuff and its condition shows it, really nice nice stuff)

When I was shopping for my trailer, in order to figure out what size trailer I needed, the first thing I did was to measure the space I would need to get, in my case,to haul four Hayabusas, tool box, compressor, generator etc. Get the three bikes together in an area where you can get them side by side and arrange them in the smallest space possiable, then mark the floor to get an idea of the amount of space you would need just for the bikes. With the tow vehicle you have, you should have no trouble with the weight. LCB towed her busa along with semi's and busawhipped's to the Captains meet n greet this fall with an Xterra. although it was an open trailer, it is heavy duty. I would suggest getting as narrow of trailer you can find, and a V nose for sure. A longer trailer will pull well as long as the frontal area is at a minimum even though you may get some wind effect on the side.

I have a 6X12 enclosed but it is not a V-nose. I can fit my Busa & Wife's 600RR w/ very little space between them, poss 1' & bar ends are 5" from walls. There is some room at the rear, but not enough for another bike.

I would do as said above...buy the biggest you can afford...we started out 7ft width for more room and 12ft length but 7x14 was only $100 more THEN kept lookin and a 7x16 was only $100 more !!!

for $200 we added 4ft......PS...has a vnose and extra 6" hieght also !!!

trailorgaint.com ask for TIM....tell him we refered ya
ours should be ready for pu in a week or so....

PS ...sorry but wasn't sure where you live....and as you see we live 825miles and 13hrs from the trailor location, but saved so much $$ compared to prices up here we will drive to pick it up..
+1 bought mine as well from TrailerGiant! Over in Georgia...

38Ft GN trailer for me but buy the biggest you can afford.
7X12 IMHO is a tight fit for 3 sport bikes, a 7X14 would be a better size but 7X16 would be even better.
Buy a bigger tow vehicle if you are concerned with size. LOL just kidding.

Back