Trailer home..

runeight

why ask why
Donating Member
Registered
This Alumna is a nice trailer. Pulls very easy.

Pretty much sat for a while so I started tearing it apart and polishing the aluminum.

Needs some TLC and could use a new set of tires. Rock guard is removed for polishing.

I'll post progress pics in the future.

020-1.jpg

Polished up the side rail.

021-1.jpg

The fender on the right is polished. Left is not.

022.jpg

r8

r8

Looks great John
bowdown.gif

very nice... are you gonna mount that baxley on it instaed of that angled aluminum

Finished one side this morning. As you can see I had to remove free advertising. Hate that.
thumb_down.gif
Also removed the Alumna sicker.

I just turned the heat gun up to 700 degrees and melted those puppies off.
laugh.gif
Follow up with adhesive remover than polish.

001-3.jpg
002-7.jpg

Polished up pretty good.

003-4.jpg

r8

That is the type of trailer I would like to have-light, suitable for a passenger car to pull.

If you don't mind, what is the price range for one of those? How much does it weigh? Is it aluminum construction?

Are you going to use some kind of sealer once you finish polishing the aluminum, or leave it?

That is the type of trailer I would like to have-light, suitable for a passenger car to pull.

If you don't mind, what is the price range for one of those? How much does it weigh? Is it aluminum construction?

Are you going to use some kind of sealer once you finish polishing the aluminum, or leave it?
http://www.alumaklm.com/section....egory=2

MC-10 model. Around $2100 new I believe. They make a nice fold up also.

Specs can be found on web site. 390 pounds total weight with a 2000 pound torsion axle. Trailer is really easy to move around. Pulled empty behind my 2000 Ford Taurus @ 75 mph without a problem.

I didn't have the vehicle to pull an enclosed trailer and didn't want payments on a truck. I figure the trailer will always be worth what I paid for it.

I'll just keep it wiped down.

r8

front.jpg

Between running around town and other "things to do" I managed to find time to work on the Alumna trailer today.

Finally polished.

007-6.jpg

Next I mounted the rock guard using some red loc-tite on the threads..

0022-2.jpg

Polished it up..

0032.jpg

And replaced the top moulding with some chrome door edge guard..

View attachment 1392698

Next will be mounting theBaxley wheel chock, cutting the stock rail guide, lube the bearings and mount new six (6) ply radial tires.
winkold.gif

View attachment 1392700

r8

Today I proceeded to get a little more done on the Alumna trailer.

First thing was repacking the wheel bearings, cleaning the wheel studs, applying some anti seize on the threads and bolting up the new tires.

View attachment 1394253
View attachment 1394254
View attachment 1394255

I added some reflectors on the side. White in front..

View attachment 1394256

Red in the back.

View attachment 1394257

The guide rail was then cut and positioned with the Baxley chock. Tomorrow will get this bolted in place.
thumb_up.gif

View attachment 1394259
View attachment 1394260

r8

Back