Trailer Guru's**Help**

TXBusa05LE

Registered
Ok, so we got the trailer, loaded the Busa and made it to the 1st stop (~5 miles) :rofl:

Everything seemed to remain tight. She needed a little adjustment, but I think it's good.

Inputs?

Gracias!

DSC00011.JPG

DSC00012.JPG

DSC00013.JPG

DSC00015.JPG

DSC00016.JPG

DSC00017.JPG

DSC00018.JPG

DSC00014.JPG

DSC00019.JPG

personally I would get a 1/2 plywood that fits the floor and then bolt a harbor freight wheel chock ($30) to it.. also you need a pair of D-Rings about 16" forward of the passenger footpegs (I use those mounts with my straps)

Do understand I'm moving to NM, I'm living in a hotel room and eating out of a can...

There are D rings in the front holding the bars w/ the Canyon Dancer.

I agree.
The sidestand is only strong enough to hold the weight of a stationary bike.
The trailer will bounce and the up and down motion of the trailer will be magnified and put extra weight/force to the sidestand. It may bend, and the straps loosen, or worse, break.
Also if the straps loosen even a little (which they tend to do) the stand could fold up and she goes down.
As the trailer bounces, the tendency will be for the back tire to try and slide to the right as it is leaning to the left.
Back in the day I put down a sheet of plywood (3/4 or bigger) and took 2 2X4’s the length of the bike, and laid them along side each tire, and screwed them to the plywood. That stopped the sideways movement of the tires.

The wheel chock is the best if you can do it.

I think you know inside that it is not right as you have it, or you would not ask us for our opinions.
If she goes down and bounces around for a part of the trip, it will be a sad day for you.

JMO

Good luck with the move!!

It'll be fine. You got 4 points tied down it looks, so there isn't much of anywhere it can go. Check everything after the first hour on the road, retighten straps if/as needed and it'll be solid the rest of the way. Only thing I might do differently would be to strap it straight up instead of on the side stand. Buddy of mine hauled his dragbike all over the 4 state area on a bouncy 4.80x8 tired open trailer, held only with 2 straps hooked to the bars. In several years and thousands of miles, it never came loose once. Keep an eye on it and you'll be good for one trip.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Thanks guys! I feel confident. The right side is ratcheted down more now. It’s not like all the weight is on the side stand. And yes, frequent stops to check have been scheduled…:thumbsup:

And we are driving straight Interstate, not some county roads…:rofl:

I drove all the way from california to texas with my bike on a uhaul trailer and no chalk for the wheels. If you stand it up straight and strap it down you will be fine. You have it strapped down with 4 straps... just watch the road and look for the big dips or bumps and you'll be fine. Just check it out everytime you stop to make sure your straps arent coming loose. Have a good trip!

I use a Condor front chalk and then use two straps on the rear foot pegs mounted slightly towards the front

Probably don't need a wheel chock though it would be helpful. As long as you have it strapped vertical as you do in your other thread and leave the side stand down, you should be fine.

--Wag--

OH..dont forget to duck.........when you go in and out of the trailer! THose U-haul doors will take skin off the head!

Back