Trailer advice.

Lazerblade

Protector of Freedom
Donating Member
Registered
I am buying a trailer and have been looking at my handlebars. Not sure how to secure a Busa without scratching her with tie down straps. With the Harley, I just hooked em right on the bars. Any advice or photo's?

Thanks.

Paul

You can buy the soft straps that wrap round the bars "no steal hooks on em'' just a soft loop on each end..
Hook those to yer steel hooked straps then down to the trailer.
Works great and no scratches

I use what gixxer is looking at, and love it.
It's made as one piece so it won't come apart and the tails are long enough to clear the body work. You HAVE to mount the anchors as wide as the trailer will allow, as to not get onto your side panels.

I used the Canyon Dancer in a 7 x 14 enclosed trailer, just make sure you fasten a rag between the fairing and the strap. Even if it looks like it clears it may rub when the trailer bounces around, just some cheap insurance.

I used the Canyon Dancer in a 7 x 14 enclosed trailer, just make sure you fasten a rag between the fairing and the strap. Even if it looks like it clears it may rub when the trailer bounces around, just some cheap insurance.
Can ya fit 2 bikes in there?

Back to back?
I can fit two bikes in a 6X10 trailer quite easily. Mind you that they are staggered, but fit real good. A 7X14 should not be a problem at all. Believe it or not, I have a buddy of mine who trailers his Busa along with another buddy's Gixx1000 side-by-side in a 5X8 trailer. It's a very tight fit, but somehow he manages it. Amazingly enough, they have never scratched each other's bike.

Brian

Use soft ties and PVC 45 degree angle pipe that fit over the bars. This will hold the ties away from the plastic. Also just use the hanle bars to stabalize the bike go down on the tree or lower with another 2 ties and 2 in the back. Over kill maybe but safer.

Back