Tragic Accident Here in Houston

Southside Playa

Master Pot-Stirrer
Donating Member
Registered
I was truly shocked by the report on the news about an hour ago. It has not been posted yet on any of the big 3 stations' websites, once it is I will add the report and pics. Here is what happen:

Earlier this evening before dark, a 14-yr old was supposed to be finishing up his housework in th garage, according to his father, whom I assume must have left or could have been in the house, when the kid takes off on what looks to be a GSXR 600 or 750 (blue and white). He ends up running into a car from behind that was trying to turn, thrown from the bike, and killed instantly. The bike landed in a ditch. His dad was shocked a repeated that his son should not have been on the bike. The report said he had recently been teaching the kid how to ride, in a safe manner.

I don't know all of the ins and outs, but this is a real eye opener. Seems like the kid had too much access to the bike. I am sure the father would have never thought about teaching him how to ride if he could have envisioned this. It shakes me up because as a 14-yr old my parents would have no parts of me owning a bike, dirt bike, or 4-wheeler, sure I rode my friends atv's, but my parents would not contirbute to one.

I have been seing the posts all day about an increase in motorcycle related deaths. Everyone take it for what you will. I know alot of you guys and girls embrace the idea of your kids riding responsibly. I'm sure I will too someday, but I really am at loss about this incident.

The kid's name was Guy or Gus Hunter the IV, I believe. Didn't know him personnally, but please pray for him and his family, cause I know I will.

All of us, especially those who have had "minor" or major bike accidents should be thankful that we are still around to talk about it.

Sorry for the long post.

sad.gif
sad.gif

sad.gif

You know when I was a kid I did the same thing....my dad would be at work and I would slip out of the garage and push his bike out of the driveway and down the street alittle before I would start it up. Then go and ride it and sneak back in...I was 13 years old...riding a BSA down the road.....Ive been so lucky....thank you Lord for keeping the angels with me when I was so young...
blush.gif

Same thing here Creekboy. We would take out the GS850 when no one was looking either.
My prayers will surely go out to the family. That is a horrible thing to have to live with. No parent should ever have to bury their child.

Here is the report from Channel 2:

Boy, 14, Dies In Joy Ride On Father's Motorcycle
Parents Say They Warned Son About Dangers Of Sports Bikes

POSTED: 8:45 am CDT August 10, 2005
UPDATED: 8:51 am CDT August 10, 2005

HOUSTON -- A northeast Houston teen died Tuesday after taking his father's motorcycle for a joy ride without his permission, Local 2 reported.

Crane near Kashmere, northeast Houston

Officers with the Houston Police Department said 14-year-old Princeton Watson was driving the bike when he crashed into the back of a car on Crane near Kashmere at about 4 p.m.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Video: Teen's Joy Ride On Sports Bike Ends Fatally
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Princeton's parents told Local 2 their son took the Suzuki sports bike while his father and stepmother were not at home.

"Princeton knew not to touch them, but Princeton loved to be like dad," Gus Hunter Jr., the boy's grandfather, told Local 2.

Investigators said Princeton was trying to pass a blue car when he saw a truck coming from the opposite direction. They said he swerved back into his lane but couldn't slow the bike down quickly enough before he slammed into the back of the car.

"I tried to do the best that I could. I went to him and tried to give him aid. After I wiped his mouth, he looked up at me and took his last breath," witness Aaron Foreman told Local 2.

Witnesses estimated the teen was riding between 50 and 60 mph. The speed limit in the neighborhood is 30 mph. They also said Princeton was not wearing a helmet.

Friends and family described Princeton as a respectful kid who always made good grades, and said they were shocked to learn he took his father's motorcycle without permission.

Princeton's father is a competitive racer. His mother told authorities and Local 2 that they had both warned their son about the dangers of sport bikes.

"Did he ever have permission to use this bike?" Local 2 reporter Cynthia Hunt asked Princeton's stepmother Johnnese Hunter.

"No, no, no, no. Not whatsoever," Hunter replied.

Princeton's uncle, Rev. Shelton Jolivette, led the family in prayer Tuesday night where the accident happened.

"Why do you think he got on the bike?" Hunt asked.

"He's a kid. Opportunity. I'm going to show dad I really know how to ride," Jolivette replied.

Princeton would have turned 15 years old this weekend.

Police said his parents would not be ticketed because they did not give him permission to drive the motorcycle.

In Texas, a person must be 16 years old and have a special motorcycle license to ride a bike.

Attachments

• bike_accident
    27.7 KB · Views: 163
His name was Princeton. I orginally thought he was a junior. The uncle that is referenced has a bad azz busa himself and happens to be a neighbor and friend of mine. I will try and catch up with him, I'm sure they are all shocked right now.

oh man, thats a shame. so sad to hear about.... all that life ahead of him and gone...
sad.gif
sad.gif

sad.gif

Back