Traffic check in your yard?

Haya01B

Registered
A guy is driving home and sees a state trooper behind him turn for turn. He gets home and the trooper passes by. He pulls in the yard and notice his temp gauge is showing the car is overheating. So he checks under the hood and while doing so the state trooper comes back and pull part way in the yard with his car still partially in the street. He walks up to the guy and ask if he is having trouble. The guy looks at him with a question mark on his face as to why in the hell were you following me in the first place. The guy responds with yeah I have a little overheating problem I guess.

The state trooper asked to see his license and registration...... The guy with another question mark on his face says well let me pull my car on up in the yard and does so. Then he casually walks in the house and doesn't come back out!

The trooper waits a while and then takes off!

What do you think? I have never thought about the question of a traffic stop in your yard.

I don't get it he either broke the law or he didn't. Makes no difference if he is stopped in his front yard.

Last edited:
Is this a real story or just...:whistle:

Either way I would think that since Trooper turned back around he had already been thinking about doing it.
Second since trooper asks for Lic and Reg your obliged to obey politely because at that time he is conducting an investigation.
He would probably get pretty pissed if you walked away and did not come back and guy would wind up on the next episode of Dallas SWAT or COPS .
Third I dont know many LEOs that would 'let' you walk away and disappear into a home.

Lastly did you fix YOUR overheating problem....:rofl:

Last edited:
I don't get it he either broke the law or he didn't. Makes no difference if he is stopped in his front yard.

If he broke the law why did he not get stopped before he made it to his property? I have had this done to me twice in one month. The 2nd time the trooper followed me from my parents house to mine and that is a 7 mile 5 turn trip. His excuse was I swerved 2 miles back and he thought I might have been drunk. C'mon son! C'mon on! Stop whit that BS son!

:rofl:

If the car was still in the road he can ask for license and registration.
I've seen on COPS(I know, I know) they tried to stop a guy and he pulled into his driveway and got out of his car like nobody was following him. Still got busted.

Personally I'd just give it to him. Little courtesy could help out with later run ins. Although depending on state I don't believe he couldve done anything outside of APC if he's intoxicated or may under susp. without a guilt admission.

Kinda like what to do if a cop asks to search you and vehicle. Can fight but not worth it if your acting right in the first place.
Posted via Mobile Device

Either way I would think that since Trooper turned back around he had already been thinking about doing it.
Second since trooper asks for Lic and Reg your obliged to obey politely because at that time he is conducting an investigation.
He would probably get pretty pissed if you walked away and did not come back and guy would wind up on the next episode of Dallas SWAT or COPS .
Third I dont know many LEOs that would 'let' you walk away and disappear into a home.

Nah! wasn't me! Only problems I have is a 2001 Chevy 2500HD with a windshield wiper wash tank with a leak that is driving me crazy with the big yellow caution on the dash and I have to go back into the Busa and tightend up the transmission again.

Can't say that I have thought about it though as I have had two situations described above that would have been a choice. I have nothing to hide and I know the whole human rights thing in America is a joke anyway.

The police no matter what Dept have the right to question you on your own property.
C'mon what are you gonna do stand there and say "I aint sayin anything cuz I'm in my yard" :poke:
Even if you are inside to begin with. If you answer the door and they ask you ????? your gonna be stuck.
What are you gonna do slam the door ?
Age old catch 22. By the time they ask your obliged.
Same as 'You dont mind if I look in your car do you?'
Of course you dont want him looking in your car but if you say no then they get suspicious.
By the time they ask your done.

The thing is there is a strong chance these two will meet again and I can't wait to here the story on that meet and greet. I will let you guys know how it turns out.

my friends and i once where surrounded by 5 police cars and they got all of us out on the ground and in cuffs...never told us why..but then let us all go after calling us sporty and a few other nice things....funny part was I always have a camera rolling..the commander didn't like what he heard coming from their mouths much...i think in the end they was looking for a gun or something...think someone fired one before we showed up...lucky for us it wasn't us..and i didn't mind complying to their investigation, but the verbal abuse wasn't necessary.....don't think id go in my house and think the officer would just leave though....that's a first but i have been pulled over by off duty officers in the wrong county before too:moon: lucky for me...knocks on wood...no tickets in 10 years...also lucky for me...i have never owned a gun!

Last edited:
If he broke the law why did he not get stopped before he made it to his property? I have had this done to me twice in one month. The 2nd time the trooper followed me from my parents house to mine and that is a 7 mile 5 turn trip. His excuse was I swerved 2 miles back and he thought I might have been drunk. C'mon son! C'mon on! Stop whit that BS son!

I didn't say it was not BS. In general most traffic stops are a BS way to collect taxes but he can pull you over where he wants and request your documents. You probably agreed to it when you got them. If you don't like it, take it to court.

The police no matter what Dept have the right to question you on your own property.
C'mon what are you gonna do stand there and say "I aint sayin anything cuz I'm in my yard" :poke:
Even if you are inside to begin with. If you answer the door and they ask you ????? your gonna be stuck.
What are you gonna do slam the door ?
Age old catch 22. By the time they ask your obliged.
Same as 'You dont mind if I look in your car do you?'
Of course you dont want him looking in your car but if you say no then they get suspicious.
By the time they ask your done.

yes I do mind and I would deny the request. They have no right to search your property. Why is it we get all in an uproar to support the 2d amendment but not the 4th?

Courtesy goes a long way.
I believe St Lucie cop yesterday was nice to me cuz I stopped and was nice to him.
Their people just like us. And living in an area with such a high concentration of them I have to say the maj are fine.
In CT I used to get nervous talking to a cop. Here they are just like you and have no prob talking to you.

2 quick cases.
Two weeks ago I go into a sub shop to get lunch place is packed.
Only real spot to park is right next to West Palm PD moto officer.
Ok fine no prob. Go in place order nowhere to sit.
Cop is sittin at a table for four all by himself he looks at me and says sit down brother.
Cool dude...

Second, two days ago when I took da wife and kidz to Mia airport to drop them off there was an airport police officer riding a bicycle with a beautiful brand new short barrel G36 on his back.
Being the gunnut I am I could not resist. I walked up to him and said nice G36 and he looked at me and said 'Yeah...I love it'.
We talked for a few about it and how neat a job he had riding a bicycle around Mia Airport with a G36 strapped.
He said its nice 99.99% of the time but it the .01% I'm worried about.
Brave man protecting our shores for basically nothing.
Least he has a super nice heater.....:laugh:and a Smith and Wesson chinese made Bicycle...:rofl:

Dino nobody said anything about searching your property.
Question is would you oblige Trooper and produce Lic and Reg.
I think by the time he asks your obliged.

I made ref to the car question only cuz it is a catch 22.
They are trained to question you in a way that is designed to trip you up and give cause for further question which gives cause for more officers to respond which gives cause for the camera crew to show up which gives cause for..................
.................TASER.....TASER.....TASER....zzzzzzit....zzzzzit..:rofl:

I got "pulled over" while sitting on my back steps. I was out riding my 600, not goin fast or screwing around by any means. I passed a cop sitting in a parking lot, thought nothing of it, wasnt speeding or acting crazy. I rode another mile and a half home, drove around back, parked the bke by the steps and sat down. Then i see red a nd blue lights on the fence. Confused i keep my seat assuming there is a stop being conducting out front, not my buisness, so no bother. I then hear, "How ya doin, is that your bike" "Uh yeah, whats up?" i said. "You know your plate is mounted ilegally" I had a sideways mount on the swingarm. "No, but i do now" He told me to change it and if he saw me agian id be getting a ticket. Not sure what the real reason was for the stop, a sideways plate, a few minutes later is pretty leaky IMO He wasnt a jerk about anything, it was just strange

Courtesy goes a long way.
I believe St Lucie cop yesterday was nice to me cuz I stopped and was nice to him.
Their people just like us. And living in an area with such a high concentration of them I have to say the maj are fine.
In CT I used to get nervous talking to a cop. Here they are just like you and have no prob talking to you.

2 quick cases.
Two weeks ago I go into a sub shop to get lunch place is packed.
Only real spot to park is right next to West Palm PD moto officer.
Ok fine no prob. Go in place order nowhere to sit.
Cop is sittin at a table for four all by himself he looks at me and says sit down brother.
Cool dude...

Second, two days ago when I took da wife and kidz to Mia airport to drop them off there was an airport police officer riding a bicycle with a beautiful brand new short barrel G36 on his back.
Being the gunnut I am I could not resist. I walked up to him and said nice G36 and he looked at me and said 'Yeah...I love it'.
We talked for a few about it and how neat a job he had riding a bicycle around Mia Airport with a G36 strapped.
He said its nice 99.99% of the time but it the .01% I'm worried about.
Brave man protecting our shores for basically nothing.
Least he has a super nice heater.....:laugh:and a Smith and Wesson chinese made Bicycle...:rofl:

You must be white! Cause if I did the airport scene you did it would have not turned out like that at all. If I just look at a cop he turns his weapon side away and looks at me with his come on and try it if you want to face.:rofl:

I got "pulled over" while sitting on my back steps. I was out riding my 600, not goin fast or screwing around by any means. I passed a cop sitting in a parking lot, thought nothing of it, wasnt speeding or acting crazy. I rode another mile and a half home, drove around back, parked the bke by the steps and sat down. Then i see red a nd blue lights on the fence. Confused i keep my seat assuming there is a stop being conducting out front, not my buisness, so no bother. I then hear, "How ya doin, is that your bike" "Uh yeah, whats up?" i said. "You know your plate is mounted ilegally" I had a sideways mount on the swingarm. "No, but i do now" He told me to change it and if he saw me agian id be getting a ticket. Not sure what the real reason was for the stop, a sideways plate, a few minutes later is pretty leaky IMO He wasnt a jerk about anything, it was just strange

Is that not how most of these custom choppers come? The plate mounted side ways and curved. He's just jerking you around!

No actually 'um uh kolored feller'

VARIOUS PICS NEED SORTIN 168.JPG

Haya01B says...If I just look at a cop he turns his weapon side away and looks at me with his come on and try it if you want to face.

Cops are like dogs....they can sense BAD people...:poke:

Back