Tractor Trailers Still On The Dragon

Forgot to post this from the Spring Busa Bash Trip.
Running the Dragon first run early Friday morning (6:30AM), I came around
one of the blind turns running 45-50 to find a tractor trailer at a complete stop!

North Carolina passed the law that trucks are banned from entering the N.C. side
this was the case..

Last edited by a moderator:
6:30 in the morning, trying to get thru before the popo came out to catch him. Too bad you can't send the vid with the license GPS data to NC State Police...

Man, you were up EARLY.

Holy crap! Not good!! Glad you were able to stop, but I'd be sitting there wondering who was coming up behind me after that :banghead:

That was my biggest fear while sitting there hoping that some cager wasnt coming around the bend.
some of us didnt stay up drinking telling lies till the weee hours of the morning LOL!
You wont catch me on the Dragon after 10am...
Grip it and rip it early and get off before the popo finish there breakfast.

Forgot to post this from the Spring Busa Bash Trip.
Running the Dragon first run early Friday morning (6:30AM), I came around
one of the blind turns running 45-50 to find a tractor trailer at a complete stop!

North Carolina passed the law that trucks are banned from entering the N.C. side
this was the case..

yes trucks with trailers that are more then 30 feet long are banned. not all trucks. looked like a box truck or straight truck which at its longest is 20-25 feet long.

in their defense , it just comes up as a highway on the gps so when they come from the south it doesn't say steep windy as hell upgrade like it does coming from the north. when i was down there in june last year 3 came through in 2 days. Sucks because it is a 2 1/2 hour road block.one almost hit a bike but fortunately a bike caught the other 2 and went ahead and run blocker for all the people coming the otherway. But there was a guy in a peterbilt with a dump trailer short that must drive it every day because that guy can move that thing around in short order. I also seen him every morning i was there so must be a local.:laugh:

in their defense , it just comes up as a highway on the gps so when they come from the south it doesn't say steep windy as hell upgrade like it does coming from the north. when i was down there in june last year 3 came through in 2 days. Sucks because it is a 2 1/2 hour road block.one almost hit a bike but fortunately a bike caught the other 2 and went ahead and run blocker for all the people coming the otherway. But there was a guy in a peterbilt with a dump trailer short that must drive it every day because that guy can move that thing around in short order. I also seen him every morning i was there so must be a local.:laugh:
There are signs that tell them they are not permitted.

yes trucks with trailers that are more then 30 feet long are banned. not all trucks. looked like a box truck or straight truck which at its longest is 20-25 feet long.

OK GNBRETT I am going to take the time just for you :goodboy: since you may have a reading / comprehension disability, or maybe your just one of those that just thinks you know it all and others are liars, who knows the reason for your questioning of my honesty in what I write. I will take the time so others wont jump on your band wagon of disbelief. As I stated in my original posting "I came around
one of the blind turns running 45-50 to find a tractor trailer at a complete stop!"

The nerve of you to jump in my thread and question my honesty of what I write...
Sorry Mod for the blunt wording but this isnt the first time one has questioned my honesty on a post.. What is the deal with some of you here? Really do you live a life where people lie to you all the time and you think everyone lies, or are you a liar yourself just as cheaters always accuse the other when its them? Or maybe your a liar and you think everyone else lies?

This was a Roma 18 wheeled refer trailer!!
Who knows I have ran across people before that you tell them the sky is blue and they still want to think other..

Shawn and i missed a nose to nose with one our first day at the Bash. Thank goodness for the riders that came around the bend just ahead of him. They gave us just enough warning that the Major had time to slow down and avoid him. ( but it was pretty dang close! )

Shawn and i missed a nose to nose with one our first day at the Bash. Thank goodness for the riders that came around the bend just ahead of him. They gave us just enough warning that the Major had time to slow down and avoid him. ( but it was pretty dang close! )

:thumbsup: Glad to hear you and Shawn survived a similar situation also without injuries.
Kind of takes the fun and concentration level away when ya have to ask yourself,, whats around this next turn... But thats the excitement of street riding.

But there was a guy in a peterbilt with a dump trailer short that must drive it every day because that guy can move that thing around in short order. I also seen him every morning i was there so must be a local.:laugh:

I've seen this guy; followed him thru one evening...never seen anything like it he was a PRO. But I'd REALLY hate to meet him in one of those tight corners..

lankeeyankee said:
OK GNBRETT I am going to take the time just for you :goodboy: since you may have a reading / comprehension disability, or maybe your just one of those that just thinks you know it all and others are liars, who knows the reason for your questioning of my honesty in what I write. I will take the time so others wont jump on your band wagon of disbelief. As I stated in my original posting "I came around
one of the blind turns running 45-50 to find a tractor trailer at a complete stop!"

The nerve of you to jump in my thread and question my honesty of what I write...
Sorry Mod for the blunt wording but this isnt the first time one has questioned my honesty on a post.. What is the deal with some of you here? Really do you live a life where people lie to you all the time and you think everyone lies, or are you a liar yourself just as cheaters always accuse the other when its them? Or maybe your a liar and you think everyone else lies?

This was a Roma 18 wheeled refer trailer!!
Who knows I have ran across people before that you tell them the sky is blue and they still want to think other..
[URL="
Link:
[/URL]

First of all, you do not need to be calling other members slow or know it all's. He was only making an observation from what he saw in the video. I did not read his post as attacking your honesty. You're going to need thicker skin if you keep posting on here. He did not say you were lying nor did he call you mentally challenged and I would appreciate it if you gave the same courtesy to other members. If you feel the need to respond any further do so in pm's.

Back