Track Time

Got_Grip

Registered
Not sure if this is good or not but here it goes. Finally the bike is done and went to the track. 1/8 mile prepped. Best pass was 6.74 @ 112 MPH with a 1.7 60ft. Mods are Brocks Full Alien Head, 17T Front Sprocket, NO PC, 6in Stretch and Shinko 003.

Not sure if this is good or not but here it goes. Finally the bike is done and went to the track. 1/8 mile prepped. Best pass was 6.74 @ 112 MPH with a 1.7 60ft. Mods are Brocks Full Alien Head, 17T Front Sprocket, NO PC, 6in Stretch and Shinko 003.

Hey man you gotta start somewhere. With seat time you'll definitely get faster!

Tune your rear suspension dampings get rid of the stinko tire and with a 6" swingarm you should see 1.58-1.63 60' times running 6.30's 112 mph

ur Shinko tire is fine but id go with a hookup in the rear. have it on my bike and it hooks great.

The only thing is I am a heavy rider 240. I know I need more seat time. And I think but not sure if my clutch is going out so I am going to look into that.

Gen1 or gen2? Personally I wouldnt waste the money on launch control. Your tire is fine too, not sure y someone would suggest getting rid of it so quickly. I also run the hook up on my bike. With practice and probably a new clutch or two you should be able to get your 60's way down and on to some much better passes. Just takes practice.

It is a Gen 2, and I wouldnt get rid of my tire just yet as it is brand new. And a hook up was in mind but I ride everyday and it would wear too quickly for me. Thanks for your opinion on the LC but I find myself sometimes worrying about the right rpm to stay at. I made a total of 6 passes last night I will post soon. 1.7 was my best 60ft and 113 my best mph but that was with one of my slow passes.

Need to be launching around 5500. I am around 250 suited but I am on a swb..
Hold your rpms at 5500 as the lights come down on the last yellow bulb you need to start twisting the throttle as you are releasing the clutch jumping the rpms up around 10k as the clutch is slipping you out to the 60' cone.

Here are some slips.

2013-04-11_14-45-50_174[1].jpg

2013-04-11_14-45-10_918[1].jpg

2013-04-11_14-44-53_158[1].jpg

2013-04-11_14-45-34_847[1].jpg

Gen1 or gen2? Personally I wouldnt waste the money on launch control. Your tire is fine too, not sure y someone would suggest getting rid of it so quickly. I also run the hook up on my bike. With practice and probably a new clutch or two you should be able to get your 60's way down and on to some much better passes. Just takes practice.

+1 Your tire is completely fine. But yeah bigger guys definitely need to leave at a higher rpm. DOn't be afraid to twist the throttle early. From the looks of your time slip its taking you quite a bit to get wide open. Being stretched if it doesn't wheelie right out of the hole its not going to. Give her hell man! You could probably gear it a little more and that would help. If you don't have a strap yet, get one. Also a cut seat would help as well.

I'm sitting about 9 back, take off at around 6500 with -1 (about to try a -2 for fun) front and plus 3 rear, and with it strapped it wont wheelie so u will be fine! :D Twist the wick my friend! Instead of spending the money on the launch control, pick up ecu editor, and it will help you tremendously! It can do your fuel for your pipes, and other mods, open up your STP's early on, control a air shifter, nos, and does have some launch control built in too. Don't forget you can log your bike too with it. Great little contraption for $350!

Back