Track days

Racer 222

The rider formerly known as Howlin_Mad
Donating Member
Registered
I am signing up for my first track day! It will be at Willow Springs. Do any of you have any suggestions on anything? I will except all!! All but one...The don't crash one I got covered!!

Marc "Howlin Mad"

Since its you first day take your time and get up to speed slowly. I think by the end of the day you will find that your lap times will have improved if you just start out slow and then gradually get up to a comfortable speed......especially at willow springs which is a high speed track unless your using the smaller version of the track........Knebnr

Thanks Knebnr,

I will heed your advice!! I am not out to out run anyone. I am not the best rider but I am learning fast. Hope to come back with some good stories. Oh and of course some pictures!

Marc "Howlin Mad"

How do you find out about these track day things? I would be interested but dont know of any near me here in GA. Looked up the RoadAtlanta.com site but it doesnt say anything on the site about any such thing going on there.

Kewl can't wait to see the pics...................Knebnr

Ps win43 check the ama site they may have the name of organizations in your area that sponsor track days. If not ama try ccs see if they have a web site. I know out here most track days are sponsored by either ccs or Team Arizona......
smile.gif

It seems here that most of the track days are sponsored by different shops or dealerships. If that helps...

Marc "Howlin Mad"
aktion035.gif

Thanks Ninja! I hope to go out there and have a good time. Most importantly I want to improve my skills. Especially at cornering.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

Back