Track Days?

Got-Busa?

Donating Member
Registered
I am looking to do some track days and haven't been able to find any sites in the US.

Does anyone have a link for a Trackday event/group I could contact? Does anyone know of anything local(Ohio)?

I would think there is a big one around here since Mid Ohio is so close but can't find a web site.

Thanks,

Josh
blues.gif

I live in the Pittsburgh area and follow the Fasttrax, NESBA and Sportbike Track Time schedules for our region. I don't know how experienced you are, but if you are a newbie to sportbiking and track riding, avoid Sportbike Tracktime until you are experienced. I had a terrible time at one of their two day sessions at Beaver Run. They are not prepared structurally, philosophically, or mentally to provide for those new to sportbiking. For example, even in the lowest of the novice groups, the instructor and all my fellow groupmates were experienced at high speed knee dragging. I had never dragged my knee..........ever, at any speed. I didn't know the technique and the servicer wasn't about to teach me.

So I had to try to keep pace through the turns solely by leaning. My lean angles were so severe that my right toe scraped the asphalt on the 180 degree last turn. So I had to slow down, which meant that the other 40 "novices" in the higher novice groups tried to crawl up my ass. By the way, these so called skill classes have nothing to do with rider skill/experience. They have to do with how little you want to race prep your bike. So the "novice" and intermediate classes are loaded with bikes and riders who can honk them.

After I complained about the pacing and knee dragging, the instructor agreed to tone it down for our second session, which he wasn't mentally able to do, but no matter, his bike broke down during our lap session so I was left alone to slog around the track as more "novices" tried to administer Dunlop enemas. I did not want all those riders second guessing my bad lines as I tried to ride the track alone so I finally left the session early and went home, having paid for two days. I'll never have anything to do with Sportbike Tracktime again!

I am disturbed by the last post.Sportbike tracktime s priority is to assist riders at all levals.Who was the instructor?We have a classroom for the Novices at every event Allot of Intermeadiate guys would benefit from this class.I have never been to Beaver run.I do most of the midwest events.I have been with STT since 2000 and have never heard a complaint like this.The classes are there to make riders more comfortable at whatever pace thay are at.The Busa aint the best bike for beaver run.Were your balls of your feet on the pegs or your arch?If lean angles are too severe you should hang off more .If the bike is stock you should have been dragging case covers and bodywork.If you not dragging stuff you have room to lean.You may want to try a set of H2/m2s.I will pass this information on.

Try TPM (TeamPromotion.com) if they have track days in your area. I stay with them for the 3rd season, and can't say enough good things about them, especially for a new rider. Very safe, very structured, very helpful, and very friendly.

Back