Track Day

Racer 222

The rider formerly known as Howlin_Mad
Donating Member
Registered
Forgive me if I sound like the proud parent but the kid was on fire today. Great time had by all especially Josh. The best pic of the day for your viewing pleasure.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

P1010390.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
hey Marc.... how old is your boy?

( I see you have already started customizing his bike with the "one industries" sticker kit
thumbs-up.gif
)

Man that's great...Makes you wonder what you did with your life...At least that what it does for me...I want to do it all again...Stay proud of your son!!!!

That is a great picture. My son is just getting into it. He is 3 and already trying to get air. God help his mother.

Brett_on_his_xr50.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
what age are you going to step him up to an 80? just curious, i was 9 when i got my 80 but i was a big'un
smile.gif
Hadn't thought about the 80 yet. I am going to let him in his first race soon though. Don't expect a lot but he says he is ready and I can teach him no more.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

hey dads, I am looking for my son a starter bike, I was looking at Honda trail 50's, they worked for me as a starter bike but I want something a little more modern. I see the Honda XR50 is pretty popular, what do you guys think of em? How is the sound, are they very loud, I need something that he can have fun on but not make his momma worry too much, and on top of all that I will have to find one used I cant afford one new right now, your guidance and direction is appreciated. Evan is almost 9 and he is solid as a rock so I need to make sure that whatever I get is not too small already, he needs to be on this bike for at least a year or two. Will the XR 50 push his little butt down the road?

Captain

hey dads, I am looking for my son a starter bike, I was looking at Honda trail 50's, they worked for me as a starter bike but I want something a little more modern. I see the Honda XR50 is pretty popular, what do you guys think of em? How is the sound, are they very loud, I need something that he can have fun on but not make his momma worry too much, and on top of all that I will have to find one used I cant afford one new right now, your guidance and direction is appreciated. Evan is almost 9 and he is solid as a rock so I need to make sure that whatever I get is not too small already, he needs to be on this bike for at least a year or two. Will the XR 50 push his little butt down the road?

Captain
At 9 Capt and solid. I would recommend an XR70. Same bike but probably better sized for his frame. It will also get you your 1 to 2 years before going up. No clutch. XR50 here can be sold at almost the same price they were when they came off the showroom floor. The Fast 50 thing is huge here. Adults get there kids 50's and race them. XR70 should be a better deal for you. My 2 pennies...

Marc "Howlin Mad"

Back