Track Day Videos

stkr00

Slower Traffic Keep Right ! ! &#
Donating Member
Registered
Sorry I haven't posted in a while...Just been busy.

I went to a track day with NESBA at Blackhawk Farms Raceway and took some videos with my new MiniDV Camcorder, a Canon ZR600.

Just thought I'd share these, since there are some here that remember when I sold my Busa to get the track bike last year. I'm still loving it, but I still miss the Busa.

Here's some pics first: http://www.gron4.com/event090306/inter/130/

Copied from the NESBA message board:

Okay...finally got the videos downloaded. Due to the file size, I had to reduce them to fit within the Putfile 25MB limits. The original size from the camera is about 250MB per session. Not dial-up friendly at all.

I didn't split them up by riders like Wink does. I just can't recognize most people by their leathers yet. Each video is a complete Intermediate session. The last session is short due to running out of tape.

Saturday, I was running an old front tire so I had no confidence in it and my times suffered. Sunday, I had a new front and had gotten some good tips from the CR's and Fred. If you watch the Saturday videos, then Sunday's, you'll notice the difference.

Enjoy...
biggrin.gif
(Right click and zoom to 200%)

Saturday's

Click here to watch NESBA-BHF-090206-I-Session-3

Click here to watch NESBA-BHF-090206-I-Session-4

Sunday's

Click here to watch NESBA-BHF-090306-I-Session-3

Click here to watch NESBA-BHF-090306-I-Session-4

Click here to watch NESBA-BHF-090306-I-Session-5
***This was the session where Kim crashed. Hope you're feeling better ;)

Click here to watch NESBA-BHF-090306-I-Session-6
***Lap-7: Thought the session was over...you'll see.

Click here to watch NESBA-BHF-090306-I-Session-7

This was my first time filming on the track. I will aim the camera up a little more next time. I've got a cheaper solid mount, so I'll have to either shim it, or bend it.

For those that don't know what the bike looked like before...

Thanks for the images and video. The only thing better than a track day.....is TWO track days
cool.gif

Have to say though....I've not seen a track with metal guard rails and open lines to trees before. Scary.

Yeah...not the best run-off areas, but it sure is a fun track...just don't crash ;)

They are getting more Air Fence to put along the high risk areas, so at least they're trying. There is actually more run-off than it looks like in the videos, but not much more.

Cool Vids! ...But yeah, scary run off. Must keep you in check a bit.

Heading out to the track again today. Cannot get enough!

awesome man! I will check them out when I get home. You may need to school me on videos to the web - got a track day monday the 11th, will be using tank cam...

been NOT enjoying street riding lately.... track is growing on me more and more... mmmmmm R6.....

(WWJD @ Sep. 07 2006,10:09) awesome man! I will check them out when I get home. You may need to school me on videos to the web - got a track day monday the 11th, will be using tank cam...

been NOT enjoying street riding lately.... track is growing on me more and more... mmmmmm R6.....
Greg, you just need to bite the bullet and get yourself a used track bike. You know you want to
laugh.gif

Give me a shout (PM) if you need some help with the video. I've got some cool editing software, but to be really nice, the movies are huge. Most free servers only allow up to 25MB. That's why I had to reduce the quality of mine.

Good Luck at the track
cool.gif

awesome pics stkr00!!!

Your form has improved in the last year. I really dig the IMG 21-23 pics.

I just got my Gixx so I'll be doing the trackday thing for the rest of this year and beginning of next year, I'll get my WERA West license.
smile.gif
Hopefully do more competing too, in the NOVICE CLASS, hehehe. Gotta start somewhere.

BTW-I think Roadracingworld.com has an airfence fund. I'll be donating a little with my next paycheck. For those that have some extra change to spare, this is a good fundraiser to donate to. You'll be helping to save racer and track day enthusiaists lives'. Also it'll send a shout out to track owners to invest a little more of their money towards track safety and extra run-off for motorcycle racers.

Back