Track day - iowa

oh and no, it DID NOT hail, rain or ANYTHING the whole day or night. AWESOME. THANK YOU GOD!

Great thread, Greg!

I'm glad to hear that you had fun and both you and your bike are in one piece!

One of these days I'll make it to a Track Day!

Great thread, Greg!

I'm glad to hear that you had fun and both you and your bike are in one piece!

One of these days I'll make it to a Track Day!
I hope you do! I have about 3 more days planned at Heartland Park and will keep you posted when they are. Reguarless of your skill level or interest, you should give it a try, because you can learn SO MUCH. I'd love to chase and/or lead another Busa our Heartland Park!

You could ride out there and back living in KC and all. You won't wreck unless you ride past your limits.... exactly like it is when street riding. And the price of admission seems SO SMALL after you have your fun! You will need full leathers - one piece or two piece that zips together

If you need to start planning now, here's the HPT track days:

http://hpt.com/....886f94b

http://sportbiketracktime.com/schedule_midwest2006.html

woo-hoo!!!

Looked like a blast. Great showing on the dyno too, for a well used/abused stocker still pulling spec HP, it's great!

I was looking at them earlier. Lemme know which one(s) you may try to make. I'll check my schedule...

I've got a two-piece textile suit - good enough?

I was looking at them earlier. Lemme know which one(s) you may try to make. I'll check my schedule...

I've got a two-piece textile suit - good enough?
I don't think textile will cut it, but worth checking. Worse case, you can rent leathers.

For sure I'm making Wednesday June 14th. Also looking at Monday aug 7th IF that is actualy a track day, Monday sept 11th, weather permitting Monday Oct 23rd. The rest are up here at MAM, and I won't even mention the BRAND NEW track over in Hastings, neb.

Sounds like it may be OK:

ALL RIDERS MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
• Helmet with windscreen, Snell/DOT approved, no *dings
• Gloves, leather, gauntlet style
• Boots, sturdy, over ankle (advanced requires race boots)
• Leather or reinforced synthetic material suit, protective jacket & pants
• (novice only) double layer pants, riding jacket

cool!
biggrin.gif

Great thread!

I like you and hooked on track days. It seems we are spread out all over the US.

Us track junkies need to get together soon!

How far are you from Barber?

Very Very
cool.gif
Great read! Fatigue is best left off the track, good for you for knowing when to stop.
beerchug.gif

Great thread!

I like you and hooked on track days. It seems we are spread out all over the US.

Us track junkies need to get together soon!

How far are you from Barber?
922 miles - 13 hours - dang! A little far for me. I can go about 8 hours max, before gas and lodging make tracks days too costly for me.... I got it down to a 'financial art!'
smile.gif
Might be hard to gather a larger group of Busa's on the track but sure would be COOL on so many levels. I take it you are on the East cost? I'm sort of stuck to midwest tracks: Omaha, Topeka, and the new Hastings, and Road America once, but THAT was a long haul. I'd love to hook up and track ride with you if we could fine some middle ground. I don't push my busa as far as it can go but seeing another busa would be encouraging cuz I KNOW it can do more

Barber is 8 hours for me. I am planning on being there in November with NESBA.

Yes I am on the East Coast. We have Road Atlanta 2.5 hours away. What a great Busa friendly track.

I will be at VIR on July 8th in Danville, VA.

I havent seen another Busa on the track at all. I heard people at Road Atlanta(other riders) askeing why I brought a drag bike to a road coarse. Plus with me 340lbs no gear, it was fun passing them, lol.

No pics at the track here but one from the Busa Bash.

vmanbash06.jpg

Great Write up Bro, Thanks for sharing. It really makes me want to get a 750 or maybe a 600 for track days and serious Canyon bombing.

Glad you had a good time.

I read all of that... Most of the time I don't but that was very interesting and had me glued to the monitor all the way. Thanks for such a great thread. Wish I was there too.

Nice write up. Would love to make it out to Topeka for a track day or two. Hell if i can get away with the textile pants and jacket for the first time out may get me there sooner. Would be fun to go with a big group. Plus haven't seen a corner since I left the bash.

Well, glad you guys enjoyed it. I left out a lot of stories about all my PUCKER moments, I usually have none but but I "had a lot of fun" this go round. And NEVER expected to go off the track - at least there were no curbs, cars, small animals in the way when I did.
biggrin.gif

For you fellow readers, if you are apprehensive at all... it is TEN TIMES safer, and TEN TIMES more fun than street riding. SERIOUSLY. I bet all track riders here would agree. PLUS you can usually do a "Try the Track" 1 or 2 session thing for free or $25 and don't have to have full gear and stuff. Get a couple friends together and go to a local track and experience what your bike can REALLY do. And LOWER YOUR TIRE PRESSURE! That's how the pros lean so far so fast and stick like glue - because their tires are MELTING to the pavement.
smile.gif

Yort, feel free to join in at Topeka. There maybe a TRIAL RIDE on that track to if you dont want the expense and the physical tourture a full day can bring. My muscles hurt 2-3 days after a GOOD track day
smile.gif

VMAN1300.... I'm starting to ponder Barber now... ;) It would be two days each wy travel for me since I would ride my bike out.... hmmmmmmm... i don't know yet......

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149099426 -->

smile.gif

Back