Track day - iowa

Great write up WWJD!!
cool.gif

I'm jealous, 7 trackdays for the year....

I could only afford 3...
sad.gif

I am no track pro by no means. I have been to two, both at Road Atlanta.

In 13 20 min sessions, I learned more about being smooth and quick that I have in 17 years of street riding.

Alot are hesistant about a track day, I know I was, but there is no way I can see giving it up.

I have changed the way I ride on the street. I no longer push my limits at all. I still ride fast but I do not push on the envelope.

Alot disagree due to that pic I posted and some that have ridden with me. My track time has taught me to be smooth, or as smooth as 340lbs can be, lol.

I used to ride straight up without hanging off at all. My bike would be a serious lean and I have scrape marks on my lowers due to my poor body position combined with serious lean.

Now I am comfy hanging way off and even touching a knee on the street with error room.

I will continue to frequent the Gap and many roads in this area and enjoy a brisk pace, but I am done improving my skills on the street.

Great write up, but I'm sorry it wasn't a great track day for you...sounds like just too many out there trying to prove something when they didn't need to...

I was going to comment on your mud flap, but I know, I know...stock bike...
biggrin.gif

WWJD,
Nice write-up! As another owner of a 2003 silver/grey, I'm looking forward to my FIRST track day in July (VIR). I'll keep your tips in mind.

As always WWJD, VMAN, et.al. I love reading the track stories, as well as seeing the pics. I know what you mean bout having too many bikes on the track at one time especially noobs who don't know how to follow a race "line." Scary crap. That's why I just sign up for intermediate level track events now. Well, I've done 4 track days this year. I've got 2 in July (29th-30th at Fontana's California Speedway AMA track). I'm gonna read somemore of yer post. Was pretty long but VERY INTERESTING. I'll comment more later.

Great write up, but I'm sorry it wasn't a great track day for you...sounds like just too many out there trying to prove something when they didn't need to...
And dont forget VIR July 8th....at least come hang out with us hooligans.....
Yeah, yeah...got guys from another board talking about that track day too...I just don't think I can squeeze it in the schedule...too much going on
sad.gif
I'd love to go just to watch...hell, maybe I'll do that! LOL

Yeah, yeah...got guys from another board talking about that track day too...I just don't think I can squeeze it in the schedule...too much going on
sad.gif
 I'd love to go just to watch...hell, maybe I'll do that!  LOL
Well lets see:

its close

admission is free

me and juggler will be there

plus more of my hooligan friends

sad.gif
Well lets see:

its close

admission is free

It's in the same state, but not necessarily close...after seeing the partial attendee list, I think I should stay home
laugh.gif
tounge.gif

sad.gif
Well lets see:

its close

admission is free

It's in the same state, but not necessarily close...after seeing the partial attendee list, I think I should stay home
laugh.gif

tounge.gif
Uhhhh. I think I've been insulted...

Greg, thanks for the pics and comments. Would like to go to Hartland park with you sometime. If you ever need a place to crash while in KC, you are welcome to stay with Mary and I. We would love to have you as our guest.

i am pretty close the mid-ohio track........ im thinkin im gonna try to make a track day there sometime soon....... great thread and pics... really enjoyed the reading!!!

Greg, thanks for the pics and comments. Would like to go to Hartland park with you sometime. If you ever need a place to crash while in KC, you are welcome to stay with Mary and I. We would love to have you as our guest.
Wow, thanks for the offer! Very kind and generous of you. I definitely plan to visit the KC hood a few times this summer. We need to setup a small group ride with all you KCers. you are only 2.5 hours away from me

thanks that was great...makes me want to go to one...if there is one close

can you make it to Heartland park on the 14th? ? ?

Back