Track Day in January!

Big O

Physicist Genii
Donating Member
Registered
Doc and his friend Josh came in from Vegas and we did a track day at the Streets of Willow. 70 something deg. and a clean track. The pics show the mud still around the track.
Here's Doc and Josh:

MLK_track_day_Doc_and_Josh.JPG

Doc has an official GSXR600 race bike, Josh has a zx10, and that's my Baby with the blue tape on the lights.

Here's Doc chasing me:

MLK_track_day_O_leads_Doc.JPG

Aaaaaand here's Me chasing Doc: (Josh was much faster than us)

MLK_track_day_Doc_leads_O.JPG

See that knee? The one that looks like it came off the pavement? I couldn't drag either one for anything. I scraped a footpeg but NO KNEES! Not for lack of effort either. I was waving that thing around like I was hailing a taxi. Josh said it was "this close!" but no cigar. Next time...

Thats a Dunlop they all get chewed up like that, try a Pirelli Corsa or even better a Supercorsa. Looks like you guys had a fun day. Thanks for the pics Owen.
cool.gif

Nice Pic looks like you had a blast!! That was streets right? Big track is a blast and a must ride for busa's. IMO for the busa I highly recommend the 002 bridgestones they give great stick and excellent handling at about 75% of the cost of the pirelli's or dunlops. When you switch from street tires to dot track tires you will never want to ride street tires again
smile.gif
Trust me on this one I'm using my last set of track take offs now. I'm glad I'm going to Pahrump at the end of this month I need a new set of take offs
smile.gif
See most people buy take offs I make them
smile.gif

here's a pic from big willow as you can see they did not catch my knee on the ground
sad.gif
but you can tell by the pucks they love it there ;)

bdm.com

<!--EDIT|MoTrFinger
Reason for Edit: None given...|1106104926 -->

smile.gif

smile.gif

looking good Owen.  I really hate that I crashed.
mad.gif
  I really want to ride but not for a while anyway.  I will return.
biggrin.gif

How far are you to LAX. I'm putting in for a transfer. I really miss those roads out there.
race.gif
I would love for this to happen but I really need to concider the cost of living out that way. We'll see what happens once I sell my house and get caught up on bills.

<!--EDIT|jwcfbd
Reason for Edit: None given...|1106105259 -->

Owen is about 30miles north of LAX and I'm about 30miles east of LAX. Sure would be cool with ya here Jim!

Motrfinger I notice the camera on the helmet, do you have vid of you on the Big Track? I've been there once, and yeah, it's much better for the Busas. There's another track day at the Big track coming up soon, I want to go.

If you go to Hypercycle.com and check out the track day video it shows the Streets of Willow from a rider's view.

We should all get together for a ride in again before Laguna when the roads are clean.

Back