Track day.... DO IT!!

It is possible to do a track day, have fun and not crash. Nobody says you have to ride fast, just ride comfortable. I bet if you slow down hit the correct breaking points, apexes, and lines you will finish a lap faster than if you tried to ride fast and break hard. Riding smart allows you to ride longer sessions and with less stress.

Besides, when you think your fast you will soon find yourself being passed by someone else.

Agreed. I am a bit competitive though.... I was doing fine untill I took the wrong line and then twisted too hard... ya gotta respect the torque of these things!!:laugh:

Your bike dont look more scratched up then when I saw it in person! :thumbsup:

I remember it hadda little rash on it

Your bike dont look more scratched up then when I saw it in person! :thumbsup:

I remember it hadda little rash on it

yea...fell down on the same side...not really much more rash than before!

Hey Tuf, you look a bit crossed up in the pics. Are you sure your butts off the seat enough? :laugh:

Great pics. :beerchug:

Nope, I'm not crossed up. I ride with my head up all the time when I'm following guys like "YOU" who are painfully slow :poke:

I ride more like this when I'm out with the big boys :hello:

StevenAF0801.jpg

TRACK DAYS RULE!!! :thumbsup:

Looking good out there Mark! You'll have to come to PIR in Portland next year for track days! If you can. let me know ahead of time and you have a place to stay. I hope to be rocking an '09 Gix 1K next year but will always be a Busa fan.

Just remember to drop your inside shoulder and elbow as you slide your ass over... next thing you know you realize you need more corner speed because the bike is still so upright. Then more corner speed and you slip off more, drop shoulder/elbow more and "lead the corner" with your chin.... before you know it you're in Advanced group hauling ass and LIFTING your knee to save pucks once you establish your lean angle. LOL! :laugh:

TRACK DAYS RULE!!! :thumbsup:

Looking good out there Mark! You'll have to come to PIR in Portland next year for track days! If you can. let me know ahead of time and you have a place to stay. I hope to be rocking an '09 Gix 1K next year but will always be a Busa fan.

Just remember to drop your inside shoulder and elbow as you slide your ass over... next thing you know you realize you need more corner speed because the bike is still so upright. Then more corner speed and you slip off more, drop shoulder/elbow more and "lead the corner" with your chin.... before you know it you're in Advanced group hauling ass and LIFTING your knee to save pucks once you establish your lean angle. LOL! :laugh:

If I had a dime for every time tufbusa told me that, I'd have recouped my trackday fee!:laugh:

I'm tryin' to get my arse off the stinkin bike....and I think I am....till Steven tells me after the session......:banghead:

I would love to do Portland! I'll let you know!

I think there is a track day at Portland next week Mark? It's not to late to get one more in before the season ends? I'll go if you'll go? Could be on your regular day off as well?

Oh man.....I'd LOVE to. But the skins are toast, and my "to do" list for my place has not gone away.. it's actually gotten longer!

YES, it is expensive to replace the stock fairing. UMM, dont ride over your head or above your limits. You are in control of the throttle. Just take it smooth and enjoy the track. Treat it like a nice twisty back road. You dont have to go out and try to win the track day.

Isn't a track day for testing your limits in a controlled environment? ???

NO!! A Club race (WSMC, WERA, CCS, AFM, etc) or at the AMA pro racing level is where you test your limits in a controlled environment. You should never be riding over 100% of your ability at a trackday. If you do, you should take it to the next level and start clubracing.

Back