TPS

manatrader

Donating Member
Registered
Looking at the factory full maintenance guide and it appears that you need a special tool to adjust the TPS pages 4-30 and 4-73 in the shop manual. Do any of you have this tool and where did you get it? I do not want to wait until next month to get it from Suzuki.

Nah, you don't need the Zook tool.

Paper Clip.

Office Depot
Office Max
Staples
Walmart

tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|omslaw
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129517448 -->

Paper clip will work, damm, I will give it a try.

Now where do you find them

<!--EDIT|manatrader
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129554267 -->

You need a paper clip to jump the plug over on the side of the tail and need a star wrench to loosen the bolt on the tps to adjust it.The star can be brought at any parts store.

If when you jump it and it's in the center leave it if it is at the bottom or top adjust accordingly and hold with a firm grip when tightening it.Ohhh Bike needs to be running also.

<!--EDIT|GoldenChild
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129565827 -->

Any chance of a walk through on doing the TPS adjustment?

I installed my pipe and Pc3usb but never adjusted the TPS yet.

Do you need the lap top connected and engine running? And use Dynojets program that came with power commander?

Any info would be great. The local dealer wants $90.00 to adjust the TPS for me.

Hello!

These pictures are not very clear ... Could anybody tell me which wires to short out? I don't want to burn something in the bike ... Thanks.

<!--EDIT|alex27a
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155903039 -->

I just had mine done at the dealer in hopes that it would solve my engine woes, it didn't.  I think that the dealer didn't do it properly, I just can't trust them anymore.  The throttle response is bad now in addition to idling and starting problems  
mad.gif

Please give more info on the paper clip method.  I assume the paper clip is what will dispaly the horizontal lines on the clock lcd.

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156106645 -->

Pull your seat off and hump off , on the clutch side running along the frame and sub frame you will see a wiring harness running towards the back of the bike . just past the ECM on that harness you will see a pig tail branching off, if Im not mistaken it has a white wire with a red strip and a blk. wire with a white strip, at the end of that is a White connector with a rubber cap on it .its a bear to reach but fish down between the sub frame and the storage box and pull it up to where you can get a hold of it and pull it up between it.After you have a hold of it now postion it where you can pull the rubber cap off and make it stay in place so it dosent move around on you ,Now thats done take a paper clip and jump one side to the other side in the the connector.It only has 2 wires in it . make sure the paper clip dosent hit anything like metal ,Im not sure if anything would happen but just in case ,you know . Alright now since you have that done turn your key on and on the dash in the read out you should see
-C00,this is the correct postion ,the slash mark should be in the middle not on top and not on the bottom but in the middle .If you have to adjust it first turn the key off you will need a T20 Torx driver which you can p/u from any auto parts store .After you have the tools needed ,locate the TPS which is still on the clutch side of the bike on the first throttle body setting outboard towards the frame,its black and has a single (T20) torx screw holding it inplace.carefully loosen the security T20 torx screw just bairly but enough to move it . Now turn the key back on see where the slash mark is, move the TPS sensor so the slash mark is in the middle ,This can be a pain some times because it only takes very little movement to adjust it ,when you have it set take the torx driver and while looking at the read out and holding the TPS in to place tighten it back down ,some times it will move on you so you might have to do it a couple of times to get it to stay in to postion. If I not mistaken I think I had the slash set at the top just enough that when I tightened it , it went to the middle after it was secured.Your Done !!,Secure everthing back down and ride man ride.
Hope this helps you. Just did mine Sunday.

Peace
Bill:)

Back