TPS sensor?

elmostro

Donating Member
Registered
my neighbor 2000 busa is having issues. when he gets on the throttle at high rpms the bike just cut out and start back firing i checked the tps for resistance and closed i get 1 K ohms open i'm getting 3.7 k ohms. the manual tells me i should be getting aprox 1.1 closed and aprox 4.5 open. can that be the problem?

Yep. You have to... HALf TWO read that manual and if she is out of spec, out she goes.
Does the tps stumble if out of phase or out of resistance? Yes it does. It could act as a bad or out of range tps. If the unit is not coding, it could be something else.

say we have about 9 or 10 years on the coil wires? Let the bike idle in the dark of night. Then take a water plant spray mist or something like that and spray the coil wires.

What should occur are sparks jumping to ground sooner than reaching the side and center electrode. This too, will cause a miss like no codes reading on the dash is a bad spark coil and all that diagnostics.

Did the guy change the plugs? Air cleaner dirty?

Having similar problems with my 05 Busa.
Just changed coolant to "engine Ice" took her around block with no fairings, over 5k rpm she starts to sputter? (thought it was too much air). HMF full exhaust, small air box mod, PowerCommander 3, & professsionaly dynoed.

I wondering if I knocked a vacuum line off?

I also did the pair valve mod. Bike ran great until I removed fairings for the coolant flush.
With the fairings back on she doesn't break up until 7k rpm?
Going to try and reload my PC3 map in the morning.

Having similar problems with my 05 Busa.
Just changed coolant to "engine Ice" took her around block with no fairings, over 5k rpm she starts to sputter? (thought it was too much air). HMF full exhaust, small air box mod, PowerCommander 3, & professsionaly dynoed.

I wondering if I knocked a vacuum line off?

I also did the pair valve mod. Bike ran great until I removed fairings for the coolant flush.
With the fairings back on she doesn't break up until 7k rpm?
Going to try and reload my PC3 map in the morning.

Please update on this-lately this has been going around like the flu for bikes. I had the same issues with mine- replaced the fuel pump and moved the studder up about 2000 rpms to 9000, almost like a limiter.Replacing the regulator this week, I expect that to fix mine. Several others on a different forum dealing with same thing. Thanks to Daniel @ CLOUD 9 MOTORSPORTS, yours may be different because just changing coolant shouldn't do that- lose connector? Mine never showed any codes either

Last edited:
I was having a very similar issue, replaced the fuel pump assembly and the problem seems to have gone away.

Okay... Now I've been sitting here for several minutes..
I ca'nt stop it... I have to...

HOW? :whistle:
Cuz he spent a couple hours on the phone with me, listening to me yell and cuss and throw things while I was at the dragstrip trying to diagnose the issue. My problem was the rectifier. Replaced it and she runs like a screaming b!tch now.........

Back