TPS Again - something wrong i think...

lensflare

Registered
Hi Guys,

yesterday a friend of mine needed some help for his busa, the matter was that in some way - i think for mistake - he damaged his TPS with a hammer, so he had to replace it.

since he was not very secure of the installation of this sensor, he asked me to make him see my tps in order to understand the way it should be mounted and if all the components were right.

so, we have moved my TPS away, he saw all he was in doubt, and we have reinstalled in the right place.

of course, without synchronizing it, my busa now suffers for a hesitation when giving the gas from idling.

naturally, before touching the tps my busa was.... WOOOOOOWWWW Perfect!

so, i searched in this forum, and tired to synchronize the tps.

i jumped the white connector, and i have found the mid position for the line at the left of C00.

after installed and screwed it, the line wa still at the center, so i thought that it was right.... but HERE IS THE MATTER!

the hesitation when giving GAS is still there...

now i have a DOUBT:

i remember to have found the middle position for the line on LCD somewhere near 1/2 turn from all closed of the TPS. i seemed strage to me, cause i think that the starting point has to be near the all closed clockwise, in fact the throttle movement is counter-clockwise if seen from the view iof the TPS. so, when the GAS is closed, the TPS has to be all closed clockwise (seen from the inner part of the TPS).

so, now my question is:

is there a middle position for the line on LCD even in all closed position of the TP shaft?

my idea is that i have regulated the mid line with the TPS half opened, so when idling the TPS sees the throttle half opened, so when i give the GAS it is richest than necessary....

i hope someone will help me
biggrin.gif

Greets form Italy.

OH YES i forgot...

the engine is suffering for hesitation yewtr, but the FI does not lamp anymore.

so, from the LCD point of view, it seems all right...

I didn't think it was that difficult...
biggrin.gif
Install it and then jump the wire and sync to center line. What does the bike idle at in neutral? If the idle is low, it would also cause these symptoms

IDLE is now about 1100 - 1300 rpm....

do yà think this to be the matter?

i think not...

i think that i have found the center line at the middle of the rotation of the tps.

i have to try finding the center line at the beginning of the TPS' rotation.

is here someone who had my same trouble? no FI lamping but engine with problem?

Back