Touring travel kit

RX1Jim

Registered
I have been slowly assembling a touring travel kit for a week long touring trip through New England in August. Aside from the usual items you would take on a car or bike trip like clothes, cell phone, camera etc., what do you touring experts carry with you on your Busa? Here are some of the items I have begun to put together:
1. Roadside emergency tire kit: asked for feedback on the Pashnit kit
2. small spray bottle of plastic polish to remove bugs and road grime off the front of the bike, headlight and face shield
3. two large microfiber polishing cloths
4. small can of chain lube
5. kickstand pad, in case the bike has to be parked off the pavement
6. 2 sets of ear plugs
7. small vise-grip pliers
8. Leatherman multi-tool
9. small LED flashlight
10. set of spare batteries for the flashlight
11. disc lock
12. spare keys: bike and disc lock
13. Rain suit
14. tire pressure gauge

It would be great to for the members of this site to make a master list then post it as a sticky for members to use as a reference. Thanks!!!!

Drinking water. Water bottle/camel pack. I know you can stop for a rest, but sure is nice to stay hydrated.

How about a couple of T handle for the main bolts.. I also carry a spare headlight bulb and fuses.

Spare set of levers, spare set of pegs.

DAMHIK.

Very small, fit inside trunk, leave them there.

Emergency Contact info along with medical info...ie allergies etc...oh yea and an Umbrella Girl if you can swing it :-)
Posted via Mobile Device

I had a set of dog tags made up with emergency info stamped into them, in case found unconsciousness. My name and blood group and allergies as well next of kin contact details. actually wear them every day just in case.

Back