Touring modified SW Motech rack video

Hi That is my DME subframe with some extra weight removed. Also with Gen 2 rear foot peg brackets that I modded for more weight reduction. This will be a 2 up street bike. What is a bike good for if you can not take a pretty girl for a ride? OH NO I must be more woke and inclusive OR a hansom man, and if you are a girl and other pritty girl. I hope this came out OK as I an new to this WOKE stuff.

It's too bad Suzuki saw to it to mold the rear fairing around the rear foot pegs..I'd like to get rid of them but as Bryan pointed out, the gen 2s look a little silly without them....

That being said, my little grand daughter was asking if I could take her for a ride when she gets a bit bigger...and how can I say no??

Reactions: c10
It's too bad Suzuki saw to it to mold the rear fairing around the rear foot pegs..I'd like to get rid of them but as Bryan pointed out, the gen 2s look a little silly without them....

That being said, my little grand daughter was asking if I could take her for a ride when she gets a bit bigger...and how can I say no??
I wish someone would make an aluminum or even plastic piece that you could use to basically follow the line of the tail panel. You could take the tail off, unscrew the rear foot pegs, and put them in and the bike would look clean with no rear pegs. Would need a pipe hanger though on one or both sides.

I wish someone would make an aluminum or even plastic piece that you could use to basically follow the line of the tail panel. You could take the tail off, unscrew the rear foot pegs, and put them in and the bike would look clean with no rear pegs. Would need a pipe hanger though on one or both sides.

One of my older brother builds boats, I'm going to see him sometime and ask if he can...he can mold CF as well...

Of course he is a 7 hr drive away...

It would as I'd have to stop all the time to rest my darned arthritic hands....

If I am able, I might give him all my fairings and help him make molds to do them all in CF....but that would be over the winter months..

Bill its not a easy reproduction . One would need to build a jig to ensure every welded part is precise . Most people would not want to pay the money for already expensive racks / bags .
Top rack is close to 300 , and side racks 391 plus bags of 500 . Powder coat $125
Would guess my fabrication time / material to be in excess of $500 ( mostly labor )

Bill its not a easy reproduction . One would need to build a jig to ensure every welded part is precise . Most people would not want to pay the money for already expensive racks / bags .
Top rack is close to 300 , and side racks 391 plus bags of 500 . Powder coat $125
Would guess my fabrication time / material to be in excess of $500 ( mostly labor )
Probably not...

At least you had fun.

Back