Touring/drag Racing Combo

Bluebusa60544

Registered
I do a lot of touring/commuting on my bike and like the stock setup. But I'd also like to make some passes down the strip. My thought is to purchase a rear wheel with a shootout tire. I'd put on a 0-4" swingarm and buy a chain. I'll put on adjustable dogbones, adjustable kickstand, tiedown straps, a quickshifter with air cylinder, and a tether killswitch. Don't plan to race, just wanna play around at test and tune nights.

Looking for suggestions on parts or advice on which of my ideas will or won't work.

Have you drag raced before? How serious are you about racing? You can take a streetbike and do a bunch of "dragbike" stuff to it and still tour / daily ride. The arm isn't a touring killer. My belief is anything up to 6" of stretch is still very streetable. Killswitch isn't necessary at most tracks unless you get fast or serious. Check where you plan to race and in what classes and see if its even needed.

On the lowering, are u planning to lower and raise for the street versus strip?

I've been to the strip with my GSXR1100 and my GSXR1000. Both required changing dogbones, slipping the forks up, changing the kickstand, etc. That's why I'm looking to make it more "multipurpose" to save time making the switch. I'd like the extra 4" on the swingarm but would rather not use extension blocks even though some say they are fine. My touring usually ends up in mountains of Colorado or Deal's Gap so stock length and height are beneficial at a kneedragging pace. My plan is to use quickshifter on street and air cylinder at track. My local track is an NHRA sanctioned track so killswitch will be a requirement. Killswitch us also one more hurdle for someone trying to steal bike.

Anybody make a 0-4" swingarm that still retains ABS and caliper without a brake arm?

I've been to the strip with my GSXR1100 and my GSXR1000. Both required changing dogbones, slipping the forks up, changing the kickstand, etc. That's why I'm looking to make it more "multipurpose" to save time making the switch. I'd like the extra 4" on the swingarm but would rather not use extension blocks even though some say they are fine. My touring usually ends up in mountains of Colorado or Deal's Gap so stock length and height are beneficial at a kneedragging pace. My plan is to use quickshifter on street and air cylinder at track. My local track is an NHRA sanctioned track so killswitch will be a requirement. Killswitch us also one more hurdle for someone trying to steal bike.

Anybody make a 0-4" swingarm that still retains ABS and caliper without a brake arm?
Take a look at the Stealth Arm from Powerhouse. It's a stock arm that they offer in 4 or 6 inch lengths, and it's also quite a bit cheaper than most aftermarket pieces without any sacrifice in quality or strength.

I would just SWB it / lower back via dog bones / strap front end call it good . Arm just buys 60' foot time , and is a crutch for people scared of a little wheelie action . If its just test n tune fun no point in all the other stuff . Some of the best drag racers
Started life SWB foot shifting

I would just SWB it / lower back via dog bones / strap front end call it good . Arm just buys 60' foot time , and is a crutch for people scared of a little wheelie action . If its just test n tune fun no point in all the other stuff . Some of the best drag racers
Started life SWB foot shifting

Ran both my other bikes with stock wheelbase. Wanna try a little stretch. I figure the quickshifter can be used on the street as well. I found getting to the shifter for 1-2 shift difficult without pulling bars and making wheelie worse. Probably looking at changing clutch to get rid of the slipper as well. Even on the street I'm used to more engine braking. The slipper just feels weird.

Very few members have used their slipper clutch if you have then you should leave it in place as your riding pretty fkn hard . Slipper has no effect on engine braking . The slipper only goes active on wheel lock up from down shifting to quickly or one to many gears

Think what I'm feeling is the slipper or whatever Suzuki calls it. On hard braking and downshifting I start to feel engine braking then almost feels like slipping into neutral. Maybe someone accustomed to a slipper clutch would be good with it but my track bike didn't have one so I find it distracting.

Back