Touch Up Work

busa_boy_69

Registered
Well the weather was crappy here yesterday so I decided to wash Kelsie, check a few maintenace items, and touched up the paint on the tire lettering. I tell ya its kind of a pain laying on the garage floor coloring that stuff in but man! When that yellow is bright and fresh it POPS bigtime!

What you guys think?

20171016_153031.jpg

image.jpeg
I'd suggest that you get a $299 lift table from Harbor Freight to keep you from 'laying on the garage floor' to paint your tires. :) It's also great for routine maintenance and detailing. Doesn't take up any room either as you can park the bike on it when you're done.

Tires do look sexy fresh yellow.
I picked up one of those lift tables for 200 used from a neighbor. Makes everything much easier

View attachment 1576954 I'd suggest that you get a $299 lift table from Harbor Freight to keep you from 'laying on the garage floor' to paint your tires. :) It's also great for routine maintenance and detailing. Doesn't take up any room either as you can park the bike on it when you're done.

Dude! Thats all that lift costs??!!! I have wanted something like this for years!

image.jpeg
Yes, I thought I had a pic but apparently not. You just have to back the bike up a few inches. I also use a Canyon Dancer to secure the bike for serious work. I'm sure the OP is getting pissed by now so I'll say (your tires look great)!

Last edited:
Bike looks good. I don’t think the tire color would go good with all bikes but the little yellow in your really makes it all come together tastefully.

Bike looks good. I don’t think the tire color would go good with all bikes but the little yellow in your really makes it all come together tastefully.

Thanks man. Before I did the lettering I really thought about. But I had a feeling that the gold on md y bike and the yellow Akrapovic logo would make it blend really well. Im very satisfied with how it turned out.

Looks great. Your right the lettering on the exhaust and the gold in your graphics really brings everything together. :super:

Back