Tottenham north London.

newman

Registered
We have riots in London.
It seems to have started when a guy was being arrested and shot a policeman who was saved when the bullet hit his radio, then the guy who shot the policeman was shot dead.
Somehow this has escalated in to a call for Justice for the guy who was shot dead, people were protesting and it turned in to a riot.
Shops, peoples flats, police cars, a bus have been set on fire, and people have been looting the shops.
No one knows the full details yet, but I can guess what it is all about.
I'm not going to say anything else about my views on this for fear of being portrayed as something or someone I'm not.
As usual the police seem to be getting blamed for all this.

Mad at the police, so they set fire to and destroy personal property and businesses. Score one for the people of London. :thumbsup: That will teach those Bobbies!

It's spread now looting in Brixton, Chingford, Leyton, Walthamstow where my mum and dad live, and more places.

I never understood why people would want to destroy the place they live in order to protest something. Humans are a stupid species sometimes!

Mad at the police, so they set fire to and destroy personal property and businesses. Score one for the people of London. :thumbsup: That will teach those Bobbies!

Just curious how this gets a thumbs up and makes things better for all. :whistle:

wow newman hope your mom and dad are ok bud, stay safe, like mrswhipped said earlier i dont understand why people want to destroy the place they live just to protest, makes no sense....take care

Should be a lot of shooting going on. As people try to set fire to residences, they should be shot. Arson is a pretty serious crime. I guess they are rioting because they are getting away with it.:cheerleader:

Luckily mum and dad are on holiday with Lynne and me, there's been gangs about just round the corner where they live. They won't go home until all this has stopped.
Robyn Lynne's daughter is in Worcester and we don't know if she can get home because she has to go through central London and change coaches.
Yea silly ain't it smashing up your own neighborhood.
Football has been called off. It's all just madness. They have to come down really hard on these people.
Anyway thanks for all the best wishes everyone.

After visiting several other country's,
I realised that after 40 years,
England was no longer the place for me.

I had a short list of a few countrys,
Cyprus and Australia being near the top.
Been back to the UK twice.
Im still 100% convinced I did the right thing.

I love the country that England was,
but those days are long gone.

Unchecked immigration and no jobs, sound familiar?
:poke: Wait till the check don't cash here.

You are exactly right, we are headed in the wrong direction and I hope things turn around quickly.

I do not want to turn this into a post about the U.S. though as Newman started the thread on another subject.

I was stationed in England for 6 years just north of Cambridge. I had a good time there and really enjoyed going to London to see a theater show or something for the day. We would go down and shop and spend the day in Camden (spelling) market and hang out. It was fun, but I really do not care to go back.

Stay safe over there.

Unchecked immigration and no jobs, sound familiar?

Sure does - where's the Margaret Thatchers when ya need em ?

Those folks rioting are not standing behind their country - one way to stand behind that country is to not create havoc within it.

It's a problem thats not going away . What will leaders do ? Use 100k parachutes for one way ticket deportation of a new kind ? Someone's going to have to step to the plate be it round up the dissidents that don't have true and just cause or something else ???

There's answers for it alright - some weeding out seems in order for starters though.

I'm glad you're OK and thanks for clarifying what it was all about...I only saw a blip on the news this morning as I was getting ready for work. I had no idea what had triggered it all. It doesn't take much anymore, and i think world-wide, people are just fed up with everything. All it takes is one thing to set off the mob-mentality. Sad part is how many more could potentially be hurt or killed in the process, and in the end, what is accomplished? Nothing...

Stay safe...

Back