Totally random poll

Would you rather

• Ride a bicycle and be happy

Votes: 91 72.2%
  • Cry in your Rolls-Royce

Votes: 35 27.8%

• Total voters
Sorry, I had to choose the Rolls.

Everyone says money can't buy happiness, and they are correct. BUT it sure as hell can't hurt too terribly bad! Look at Britney Spears and ask where she would be without the money to pay the attorneys and try to re-build her life?

PS - I work for a "mental health" place. So these questions may seem random, but a lot of times are meant to establish something deeper for us. :) :) I just know that it is easier for someone with a lot of money to re-build and get their life back together, than the average American who bottoms out with no home, car, or money.

Last edited:
I live in Portland, Oregon...very much so a Bike sort of town. In fact, I wish Jeff and I lived on the West Side, and worked near Max stations (the public transit) so I could bike to work instead. Much cheaper and better work out. (yeah, call me a hippy, I am ready for it...it is an Oregon thing)

id rather punch goldfish. that always makes me happy.

i chose teh bike. i have been in both positions (not quite as extreme) in my life and id say the bike scenario was the lesser of 2 depressing evils.

I'd have a heart attack trying to get anywhere on a bicycle in my physical condition.So I wouldn't be happy for long on a bike anyway:laugh: if they had a put a Busa I'd of taken the Busa an joy than the other option.

it's an emotional reaction but I don't understand what it's in reaction to. I hope your wife doesn't ask you why you refer to her as "the" wife... :laugh:

I know a lot of cry in your Roles people always thinking some material thing will make them happy. Besides my bicycle has a busa motor in it. Now I am happy ,scared ,fast and wishing I had invested more in the brakes.

She knows I call her "the" wife cause she's THE one and only. She's special and she knows it.

That's why I posted it as a completely random poll. She wasn't so much after my reaction as she was testing the waters before she asks her clients the same question. We have conversations about this kind of stuff all the time. When it's my turn to talk it's usually about how she needs to buy me a new Gen2 Busa to keep my materialistic ways in balance with my emotional detachments occurring from separation anxiety by not being able to ride more often; or something like that.

money dont buy happiness but I sure can fake it with a car load of hookers and some a/c
:rofl:

You would think Rolls would take care of the tears, but in reality nothing can replace peace of mind. Sadness, depression are difficult things. Many a wealthy have blown their brains out.
Inner happiness has no price tag.

Wheres the third option to this poll?

Option 1: Happy on a bike
Option 2: Cry in a Rolls
Option 3: Walk out of bedroom where your wife asked you this question, get on your Hayabusa and GO GO GO

I choose 3 :whistle:

Back