Totally random lizard thought

PandaNin

Donating Member
Registered
Everyone, meet Fred.

I picked him up this morning at the track as I was setting up for the weekend. I love lizards. They're just so irresistably cute.

I don't know what species he is. He has blue on his throat and belly.

Yes, he's going to be released as soon as I scare the beejeezes out of a few female co-workers :laugh:

fred.jpg

Confirmed, it is a blue belly lizard.

If you turn them onto their back, they go into fake death mode (like a Busa playing ZX-14) and don't move

He has now been released to the wild to grow into his larger self. Bye Fred, you were fun to hang with this morning.

He can be further identified as the "Stubb-Tailed, Blue-Bellied Lizard", indigenous to Northern California and Southern Oregon.

This one appears to be well fed! :laugh:

I'm guessing its a "Blue belly lizard"

Trust me, I have a scientific background. :poke: :rofl:
:laugh: that is what we called them too (from AZ, they are plentiful and make great targets for a kid with a bb gun... :whistle: )

The lizard Thread!

My kids new pets....we're alergic to dogs so....

007.jpg

Cool.

Here's the one I met at Chichen Itza earlier this week. I would have brought him home, but I couldn't figure out how to smuggle him through U.S. Customs.

Iguana 1 Low Resolution.jpg

Cool.

Here's the one I met at Chichen Itza earlier this week. I would have brought him home, but I couldn't figure out how to smuggle him through U.S. Customs.

Very cool. Always wanted to go there. Feel free to post more pics! :thumbsup:

Turtles rule! He looks pizzed cause that shell keeps poking him in the throat.

He's quite the healthy turtle

We have local "Skinks" that can lose part of their tails as a decoy, any chance that accounts for the stub tail? Some of the local turtles have stub tails I often suspect due to freezing off in winter.

Back