Tornado in Alabama / Tenn check in please folks.

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Just posting this as I heard tornadoes in Alabama and Tenn... Charlie, Keith, Dawn..... Check in please...

I'm here. Not much in Southeast TN other than RAIN. There were more than a couple that have touched down south of here.

Yeah, the pics I've seen look pretty bad so far...hope everyone's OK :please:

Well here is a hell of a lot of water coming to Chattanooga. This is the Little Pigeon River. Usually you can't see the water from our parking lot. Now its almost to the side walk.

8431043862_6d778f99b5_c.jpg

Well here is a hell of a lot of water coming to Chattanooga. This is the Little Pigeon River. Usually you can't see the water from our parking lot. Now its almost to the side walk.

yikes, thats getting a little high, hope everyone is ok

All good in Knoxville and Chattanooga. Tornadoes in middle TN, but south of Keith. I talked to him this morning, he's good. Anybody heard from Dawn, Shawn, or Tom?

Adairsville Ga got hit pretty hard today right before lunch. I was about 5 miles away in Calhoun working, they had us go into the tornado shelter for about an hour. I heard later that the bank got destroyed and there was a lot of damage. The news was showing cars and trucks upside down, and homes damaged.

Send it on down. We have a big old river and a lot of big old dams that can handle it. :thumbsup:

Third Creek in Knoxville was way up out of its banks this afternoon, but the river has dropped quite a bit since last week. Maybe they'll get it back down to winter level before time to bring the water back up for spring. :laugh:

Thanks for asking. One violent cell went south of me about 10 miles, did some damage in the county over - on of our employees got his house trashed pretty hard (garage doors and all windows gone, water in all rooms, wife got hit in head with something and knocked out a few minutes (he was in FL at a trade show and came home). Another one went south of town and did some damage in East Nashville.

Back