topped my baby and reached the tire's end!

scooterlord

Registered
well, i went out for a 620km ride today
smile.gif
turned out to be a bit exhausting because we didn't plan the whole thing correctly and returned when it was night, and cold... and here in greece there's no damn lighting in the 'interstates' :p

topped my baby 5-6 times, reached 300 easily (my girlfriend was with me
smile.gif
. my 5th reached 295...6th easily kept 300 (till the limiter comes in)...

anyway, the 'hooray' part is that i finished ALL the back tire and i am about 3mm short from each side from the front tire (i may get and post some pics tomorrow!)... and all i've done with the haya was 300km... VERY EASY bike... leans just with the thought.. not that my previous cbr 600 didn't lean, but this one, I find a lot easier... from what my friends told me (them runnin' on them cbr 600s-one rr and one 99 f) i was about a cm from scratching the exhausts... and i didn't push it all that much
smile.gif
i was facing the ground leaning at 280kph (!!!) awesome stuff, i thought it would be nice to share
biggrin.gif

oh, only bad thing about the whole story is that i am afraid i'll melt my tires soon. i am not doing any burnouts or stuff, but my friends told me that i was leaving a line behind me, even when i was leaning. could this be because i just breaked-in my tires? :/

anyway, i await your admirations and praises
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|scooterlord
Reason for Edit: None given...|1076279128 -->

smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

not to sound like an asss.. but sounds to me like your about to kill yourself, and your girlfriend..

have fun, good luck.

<!--EDIT|pure_ego
Reason for Edit: None given...|1076296247 -->

For those that don't know Europe has something called the AUTOBAHN!

That means NO SPEED LIMIT for those that haven't been!
super.gif
 Wish we had that in the states!  

Now if your girlfriend was on the back when all of this took place, you need your arse kicked!  Not smart at all!
mad.gif

I just hope you both live to ride another day.  
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|Got-Busa?
Reason for Edit: None given...|1076296566 -->

Sounds like a good time all around though. Something to remember is that assuming that the girlfriend is over 16 or so she can make her own decisions. If she is aware of the potential dangers and is still up for the rush then I say have a good time and ride well.

If I have a "Guest" on the back of the Busa that may not know how to ride, or what the whole bike deal is about then I take it real easy so as to not scare the mess out of them. But when my wife is back there and were on some familiar turf when I open it up a bit and hear her hootin behind me I know all is well. Same for when I had VAbusa on the back, she is well aware of the dangers, and understands the physics involved. She also knew a quick punch in the ribs works well to communicate any violations of the pillions comfort zone...

It's like watching some of the male/female stunt teams today at Stunt Wars. Itty Biddy little passenger out there doing 12 O'Clock stand ups, stoppies, etc. I can hardly watch, it makes me extra nervous and I just want her to get off that bike, but at the same time, she knows what is going to be going on and has made the decision to get out there... Her choice.

hm... o well...
first of all, i am with my girlfriend for 2 years now and she is a VERY experienced co-rider. even with the cbr we'd do normal stuff (ok, wheelies sometimes, but i stopped doing squid stuff). she is fully aware of the dangers, she wears a helmet (so am i :p) but she blindly trusts me. there are some times in traffic that she is scared to death, but in such occasions i do her the favour to reduce my rhythm. plus, as far as i am concerned when on a public road i NEVER do anything before taking for granted the road's conditions. and someone will say, well, road conditions change even when you have visual contant (animals on the road, accident that takes place in front of you, etc). yes, i accept. but that's what life is all about. you'd be damn unlucky if something like that happened to you. but the exactly opposite could happen, aka be super-extra-cautious and while cautiously taking a curve your backtire because of not having the normal temperature, slides and you fall, or whatever...

i want to say that it's nothing like i don't respect life. i love my life. i am not the type 'ride fast, die young'. i prefer 'ride as fast as your limits and overall conditions, to live more and ride one day longer'. i've had many accidents with bikes in my life (if i were seen i could be granted a degree of stuntman
smile.gif
but this doesn't make me not want to ride a bike. if this happened with cars, wouldn't i drive a car? or if it happened 3 times while you were on the bus you wouldn't get on a bus? (heh, 3 times, yeah, i know its ridiculous, but, you know, bad luck is bad luck) i know the odds are greater when riding a bike (and is bind with the WAY you ride) but damn.. life is full of odds. at this part of my life i prefer taking some risks that i know i won't be taking when being a bit older that i am...

maybe i'll change when i grow a bit older. to be honest, i am POSITIVE i will change. but now that i want it and feel it i take the risk. i am taking my girlfriends also by riding this way, i know. but she is also aware of my way of riding and if she doesn't approve, well, don't ride with me
smile.gif
(although i LOVE it when we ride together -you have someone to share your experience PLUS she enjoys it as much as i do-most times)

oh, and btw, no such thing as autobahns here in greece. just plain roads (in a few places with excellent asphalt) wiht 120kph top limit. this way, what's the use of the haya having the rest 5 gears? ;)

hope to get more replies, i find this topic interesting; meaning, how many people ride fast, how cautious they are, if they take their ride to its limits, if...what...how...

smile.gif

i've had many accidents with bikes in my life (if i were seen i could be granted a degree of stuntman
smile.gif
You explained everything with this one statement!

I just hope you and your girlfriend don't get hurt.  As far as everything else goes, do what you want and ride on.
super.gif

Rock on and be safe!

Josh
blues.gif

<!--EDIT|Got-Busa?
Reason for Edit: None given...|1076384149 -->

Tires will leave black marks inthe rod if they are spinning or sliding. Around a turn they are doing a bit of both.

Left a few in the road this weekend myself but no one was near enough to see.
wink.gif

hm...as for the accidents, i've been riding since i was 15. last accident i had was a year back because someone crashed into my from the back. this had nothing to do with me or my abilities in the street. could happen to anyone... bad luck (?) i guess...

and btw.. who talked about italy? i live in GREECE
smile.gif
no autobahns here, autobahns only exist in germany. Greece has a wonderful history in one hand.. but no greek knows enough to stand up for it
sad.gif
i am ashamed i even say this, but it's just the sad truth
sad.gif

sad.gif

Ride how you want... As long as she digs!

And, about your "could happen to anyone" comment... I want you to know that I personally have avoided several rear-ends by paying attention to my 6 (back-end) via mirrors and head-turned periferral vision. Don't kid yourself thinking that it had nothing to do with abilities... I know it wasn't your fault, and I am not saying that... But, sometimes people say, "it was unavoidable" and they are full of poop... They just don't know it.

I too have been riding since I was 15 (22 years now [I hate dating myself]) and it took me a couple of rear-ends (among other situations) to realize that sometimes they are completely controlable!

BTW - I too ride like an idiot alot and have made it this far. But, even if my passenger digs it, I have a hard time putting their lives into my pathetic hands.

PEACE

Keep riding and practicing,
Rip

i have taking my wife up to 160 on mine. when we got home she asked if we hit the limiter .when i said no she replied and why not.so im with ya. have fun and hopefully no bad shiet happens to ruin your rides .(she can get in one heck of a good tuck)

Back