Top tree help please!!!

jstdoit95

Registered
I haven't posted in a while but I would think for how long Ive been a member and pics etc should hopefully spare me the stolen bike crap...I lost my key...yes I know I should have a spare and will after this...I'm the second owner of the bike and was never given the bag with the key code so I can't do that either, my local locksmith will make me a new key if I bring in the ignition...so thats where I am....first of all...when I parked the bike last I locked the ignition as I always do, so am hoping that isn't what's screwing me from the get to. I have loosened the the bolts on the top clamp and removed the brass 32mm...while I do have some play and have gotten the tree to move about a quarter inch thats about all I am getting....is there something else I need to loosen or remove or do I just need to be more aggressive with it...any constructive input would be greatly appreciated.

Matt

Im pretty sure If you have the column locked, you're screwed as in taking off the triple. Have the locksmith come to you or trailer it.

The locksmith says he has to have it off the bike to take it apart....Im really at a loss for what to do, obviously I don't want to hurt the bike but I need to figure something out, is there anyway to read the code without removing the ignition?

maybe you can go the the dealer prove your owner ship and I am sure they can look up the code for you and even make you a key right there and then..

I called Suzuki they said that the code is given with the bike and some dealers may keep a copy of the number but Suzuki doesn't keep it on record, which slays me, unfortunately the dealership that mine came from in WI closed a while back. A friend of mine suggested lifting the bike and dropping the forks out the bottom but I don't really have the equipment for that.

so...since I have a hotbodies undertail....I opted to take it off and take the trunk latch off from the inside in hopes that the locksmith could make a key from it, he used his handy dandy guide and made two keys that would open the trunk, and told me that their were only two combinations that would work with that trunk sequence. Got home and one of them worked....so....the lessons learned...ONE...MAKE SPARE KEYS....TWO if you lose a key and the ignition is locked don't bother taking the top tree off, but if you have a good locksmith and an aftermarket undertail (or use one of the cheats to get the cowl off) you may still be in business. My total cost $25

was he able to use the numbers on the trunk lock?
so...since I have a hotbodies undertail....I opted to take it off and take the trunk latch off from the inside in hopes that the locksmith could make a key from it, he used his handy dandy guide and made two keys that would open the trunk, and told me that their were only two combinations that would work with that trunk sequence. Got home and one of them worked....so....the lessons learned...ONE...MAKE SPARE KEYS....TWO if you lose a key and the ignition is locked don't bother taking the top tree off, but if you have a good locksmith and an aftermarket undertail (or use one of the cheats to get the cowl off) you may still be in business. My total cost $25

Back