Top Speed?

OB_Ambush

Registered
Not that I want you all to run out and kill yourselves trying to hit some crazy top speed, but im curious what is the top speed you have taken your busa?

290 KPH indicated which according to my Garmin GPS 195 was 270 KPH (170 MPH). I will need to do again to confirm, as was too busy watching for traffic. GPS confirms that the speedo is about 7% optomistic all the way up. I haven't checked the odometer yet, but I suspect that it suffers from the same fate.

I am 6' 2" and about 200 lbs. and could not get my helmet (and fat *** ) fully behind the windscreen. I too ran out of road, but was surprised at what felt like the bike running out of steam above about 250-260 KPH indicated (160 MPH).

I would appreciate comments on the last 30 MPH from 160 to 190 as far as tuck and time that it took to get there.

Got my 99 copper to 325km/h so that's around 195. I imagine it could of gone close to 340 but had to let go due to coming traffic.

Hey Curious Nuts,
I've been hanging out up at my Mom's house on Lake Lanier in north Georgia. Took a well deserved break from the job. Been playing speed demon on stepdad's jetski and playing boatmotorhead on stepdad's work boat Mercury 115, rebuilt the fuel pump yest. still not right, gonna sync carbs and check timing this weekend.

so far i only saw 180 on the speedo down fort street for any of you michigan guys. i split to cars at 160! no choice, oh well im young and dumb.

295kph (194mph) indicated tapped out! Lots of winddrag on my shoulders though...

Will try again soon.....
Been there about 6-8 times, mostly run 100-150mph.

172 mph indicated - - - had to wait for my organs. I was practicing which positions offer the most aerodynamics...

Comments are welcome.

172 mph indicated... had to wait for my organs. I was practicing which positions offer the most aerodynamics...

Comments are welcome

172 mph indicated - - - had to wait for my organs. I was practicing which positions offer the most aerodynamics...

Comments are welcome.

Back