TOP SPEED STOCK?

HayaVegas

Donating Member
Registered
What is the Hayabusa top speed in stock trim right now off the showroom floor?

If the limiter was removed...what is the bike able to reach? Not interested in any mods other than the speed restrictor removed.

Try this.

<!--EDIT|Spigga
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116918578 -->

It depeds on many variables, but between 190 and 200mph seems to be the general magazine consensus.

171.12 MPH corrected by the 8% average adjustment that is required as standard for most Busa speedos.  186 if you run the standard (non-export) Japanese gearing.  193 MPH unrestricted with perfect conditions, but you'll need abot 213HP to overcome the drag at this speed.

Disclaimer:  All calculations are based on my speed/gearing spreadsheet, and do NOT account for rider posture, weight or skill level.  
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|TruWrecks
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116918890 -->

171.12 MPH corrected by the 8% average adjustment that is required as standard for most Busa speedos. 186 if you run the standard (non-export) Japanese gearing. 193 MPH unrestricted with perfect conditions, but you'll need abot 213HP to overcome the drag at this speed.

Disclaimer: All calculations are based on my speed/gearing spreadsheet, and do NOT account for rider posture, weight or skill level.
cool.gif
171.12 MPH?

So the zx11 went faster than the current busa because of the busa limiter?

So indicated, will my speedometer stop at 186? And if it did, then the bike itself is only going 8% less which means it is not actually even going 186.

I would think that the restriction was supposed to be for true speed at 186. Thus the speedo would read 200 or more as the 8% loss brings the real speed down to 185-ish.

Im still confused, sorry.

171.12 MPH corrected by the 8% average adjustment that is required as standard for most Busa speedos.  186 if you run the standard (non-export) Japanese gearing.  193 MPH unrestricted with perfect conditions, but you'll need abot 213HP to overcome the drag at this speed.

Disclaimer:  All calculations are based on my speed/gearing spreadsheet, and do NOT account for rider posture, weight or skill level.  
cool.gif
171.12 MPH?

So the zx11 went faster than the current busa because of the busa limiter?

So indicated, will my speedometer stop at 186?  And if it did, then the bike itself is only going 8% less which means it is not actually even going 186.

I would think that the restriction was supposed to be for true speed at 186.  Thus the speedo would read 200 or more as the 8% loss brings the real speed down to 185-ish.

Im still confused, sorry.
The limiter on most of the new bikes stops at 186 actual, not indicated. The speedo will stop at 186 indicated, but the bike will still keep pulling. I don't know where that 171 mph came from, but that is wrong. like I said, it depends on many things, rider, conditions, etc. but the magazines were all in the same ballpark.

Back