Top speed shoot out

cool.gif
You sign up?
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|BiG-T
Reason for Edit: "cuz"|1156904001 -->

it'd be nice to go but damn at all the regulations and restrictions.

someone explain to me what this means.....ZR rated tires in good condition: Shaved for over 225 mph

dont understand what the purpose of shaving is for?

someone explain to me what this means.....ZR rated tires in good condition: Shaved for over 225 mph

didn't you watch the fastest indian, I actually really liked it. I'm not 100% for sure , I just remember Hopkins cutting off the tread of his tires in the movie

<!--EDIT|DrBoom
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156924702 -->

Far too many regulations...

What if you met all of the requirements then they didn't approve of your gloves or some other minor detail? You can't ride?

I understand them wanting to cover their butts in case of an accident... but get real!

the regs look worse than they are... The main thing is water instead of anti-freeze, safety wire, lanyard kill. I guess the next biggest hurdle is having safe gear. Gloves, boots, two piece leathers, and a helmet that isn't over a decade old...

As for tires you can run the tires you have on your bike as long as they're not bald/showing cords. as for the shaved tires... i don't know anyone on a bike that is doing it. You just sign a waiver that's all.

ZR rated tires are standard on the busa. Unless yo're running touring tires you should be fine....

whether I will make it is still up in the air. my scooter will be there regardless. just not with me in the saddle.

regulations? its called racing for a reason. busa OEM's and most medium compound tires are fine. too soft and they come apart. too hard they dont grip well at higher pressures and high speed.

shaved tires usually means having 50% of the tread removed by machine. using old tires with lots of heat cycles become fragile too. the reason is simple: tires are heaviest on the outer most portion of the carcass. with increasing speed (centrifical force) the carcass starts to pull away from the core of the tire which will cause chunking, blistering and more than likely, catastrophic failure. are you interested in finding out how tight your bunghole will pucker when you blow a tire at 200mph?
wow.gif

here is what I found with 25 lbs of boost, 460hp and a non-shaved Dunlop D208 looks like after a couple of pulls on the dyno:
PB050214.jpg

PB050213.jpg

Here is a non-shaved Shinko (poor choice for over 190mph anyway) that ran around 220mph on the salt a few weeks ago:
shinko.jpg

Back