Top speed run requirements

turbojonn

Registered
What seperates John Noonan from the other guys? Does his bike make WAY, WAY more power than the other turbo bikes? Is it a more slippery bike as far as drag goes? Is it riding? Is it 'secret' stuff that only he knows? It seems like a simple equation to me, drag vs. push, but then I'm not even qualified to call myself a rookie. Can any of you pro's fill me in, I'd love to know. Thanks in advance--JT
bowdown.gif

Call DB,tell him i told you he just went to b ville with his mv augusta.pm'd you the #.

Turbo John,
I wish I knew the answer to your question. I think it IS a secret formula. My bike seems to be as streamlined as any, it has the power needed, but only went 229 max this last Speedweek. From looking at the graphs and the videos, it was spinning the tire all the way. In fact I shredded a tire on just one run.

Jon Amo went 246 on his KZ-1000, so he had the right combo of power and traction, but said he was running a new stock Dunlop D220 tire, which is nothing special.

So I think it is magic that makes the super high speed runs. If anyone else knows the secret, let the rest of us know.

Don

229 is hella good ! Did you have any bricks attached to your bike for wieght? I saw Noonans bike and he had wieght on the rear of the swingarm for tracktion. I don't know what power his bike puts out but it is streamlined as best as can be . For that kind of speed you need to gt every bolt smoothed and tuck like you are a part of the bike . I'm hoping to go do over 200 soon.

I had to remove my belly wing/pan .... I am doomed now
all_coholic.gif

But one thing about Noonan ....just a couple of the right sponsors can take you places you never see otherwise.
(i.e. a few days in a wind tunnel setting up best bike angle with a particular rider?)

If you run anything over 220.... most people anywhere still will give you props for it! Good job.
bowdown.gif

(BusaCruise @ Sep. 17 2006,03:08)  a few days in a wind tunnel setting up best bike angle with a particular rider?
Every mile an hour after 200 is a fight with the air drag. I've read about a few people that couldn't get over 200 until they got there tuck right.

(frisbee @ Sep. 16 2006,23:15) Golden, lets hit it !!
You haven't said nothing but a word ,homie...I'm game...Winters coming and I got projects....

(GoldenChild @ Sep. 17 2006,11:30)
You haven't said nothing but a word ,homie...I'm game...Winters coming and I got projects....
You got a good spot down there? I can find a GPS.

(frisbee @ Sep. 17 2006,17:37)
ohhhhhhh you wanna go out in the bushes and do it.HMMMMMMM

(GoldenChild @ Sep. 17 2006,18:37)
(frisbee @ Sep. 17 2006,17:37)
ohhhhhhh you wanna go out in the bushes and do it.HMMMMMMM
Only with you big guy!
laugh.gif

Just bought 06. Will speedohealer work? If not, what will correct speedo and bypass or eliminate top end rectriction? Thanks

experience is the main ingredient. If you were to hop on noonan's bike you wouldn't be as fast... There are lots of tricks but the experience is what guides your setup. The right setup will make you fast.

Back