Top speed question

dentonbusa

Registered
I know that the busas speedo is wrong I have had the tach reading 10,000 rpm in 6th gear a few times it don,t seem to want to pull much more it is an 05 all stock with DnD,s bolt ons just wondering if i have run a true 180mph or more i have a straightaway where i some times ride over a mile long and i hit it over 110mph on speedo and hold it all the way but can,t seem to get past 10,000 rpm,s it,s my first new bike i,m a 5,10 250lbs rider 37yrs old just wondering how fast i,ve been. last bike was a zx11 been riding on the street since 21yrs old by the way i love this site been reading alot not much posting bought her home nov.30th 2005 it 6,000 miles on her

find your rev limiter and WOT in every gear until right before it. you'll get there quicker. my bone stock 03 reads:

110 = 100gps
186 = 172gps

and welcome to H.org
smile.gif

Speedo is wrong, but can be corrected for about $100 with a SpeedoHealer or Yellow Box. Takes a little programming, but you can get it pretty close to accurate using a GPS. You were probably doing in the mid to high 160MPH range. Do like WWJD said to get to 186 faster.

Go up one tooth on the front sprocket. That will correct it. Then you'll be pulling 184-186 @10,500. Get a TRE, or EMS to remove the 6th gear limit, you'll be setup for about 192 MPH.

Where in the heck are you doing that? Hopefully not on public roads (atleast not with traffic).

Back