top speed question

LeDauz

Registered
after reading and research i have noticed one thing and that is that even with the rev limiter off and all the hp you would need that you would still have to either change spocket to get high mph.

basicaly what am looking for is spocket size or anything that would give a higher top speed because i already got the hp and test site picked out

So my questions is what would be best to get a possible tops speed over 220mph? also same question for 250mph?

No matter what gearing you use you're not going to get those speeds with out some serious modding, Turbo.

that given i already got a turbo picked out gana wait till winter to get/install it so i wont lose any of the riding season but still the question remains any suggestions on the gearing/spocket to get those possible speeds?

how long is this secret straight/flat surface?
Is it asphalt or concrete?
What is the temp and barometer readings?
How much hp will you have?
What does the hp curve look like?
How much boost in each gear?
What are your ramp rates?
How much weight and what's the weight distribution?
What's been done to the bike chassis?
How long is the wheelbase?
How big (height & weight) are you?
What tires and size will you run?

there are many variables to consider. 220mph is tough but 250 is a whole different level. Lastely make sure your insurance policy is up to date.

how long is this secret straight/flat surface?
Is it asphalt or concrete?
What is the temp and barometer readings?
How much hp will you have?
What does the hp curve look like?
How much boost in each gear?
What are your ramp rates?
How much weight and what's the weight distribution?
What's been done to the bike chassis?
How long is the wheelbase?
How big (height & weight) are you?
What tires and size will you run?

there are many variables to consider. 220mph is tough but 250 is a whole different level. Lastely make sure your insurance policy is up to date.

I don't think there is anything else to say

how long is this secret straight/flat surface? 6miles

Is it asphalt or concrete? asphalt

What is the temp and barometer readings? hard to say with the location temp changes often in this state

How much hp will you have? this is wat the turbo claims(gana have to wait to save for it) " as much as 430 hp then we upgrade you to the dual ball bearing turbo that takes you from the 360 hp to the 430 hp. In order to achieve the low 200 hp boost levels we offer a 4 lb spring for the Tail waste gate."
link: Velocity Racing

What does the hp curve look like?not sure dont have it installed or purchased yet

How much boost in each gear? not sure again will have to wait till its installed and tunned to know for sure

What are your ramp rates? not sure what ramp rates are

How much weight and what's the weight distribution? not sure gana have to go looking for a scale

What's been done to the bike chassis? not yet gana check what will be needed for those speeds if any

How long is the wheelbase? 64.5in
How big (height & weight) are you? 6' probly close to 200lbs
What tires and size will you run? still researching on what would be good and hold up at those speeds

PM me an email addy and I will send you a couple of XL files.
You can play with them and enter your values and it will calculate it for you.

20/40 will get yo to 220mph if you have the power
shorten the wheelbase
add 20lbs to the swing arm for traction
use a medium compound tire at say 40+psi hot
300hp will get you there for sure if you don't blow the engine or puke a gasket

to get to 250 you need a much bigger budget, over drive gears or a higher rev limit, more weight, etc.

220 is a milestone for the turbo guys, 230 is a big milestone, and 250... well it takes alot more than just a 6 mile straight flat road and a turbo kit. Top speed on a turbo bike is not for someone that doesn't have deep pockets. Let's be honest you have to learn alot to even have a chance to try it. It's not something that you can just buy a kit, have someone slap it on, and just go out and do it. You're going to be a bit dissapointed if this was your thought process. I don't mean to burst your bubble but :blowingup: sorry.

If you plan to bolt this TURBO on a stock motor, you are probably going to melt something if you are doing high speed runs. I hope you are doing a lot of research for those conditions....

20/40 will get yo to 220mph if you have the power
shorten the wheelbase
add 20lbs to the swing arm for traction
use a medium compound tire at say 40+psi hot
300hp will get you there for sure if you don't blow the engine or puke a gasket

to get to 250 you need a much bigger budget, over drive gears or a higher rev limit, more weight, etc.

220 is a milestone for the turbo guys, 230 is a big milestone, and 250... well it takes alot more than just a 6 mile straight flat road and a turbo kit. Top speed on a turbo bike is not for someone that doesn't have deep pockets. Let's be honest you have to learn alot to even have a chance to try it. It's not something that you can just buy a kit, have someone slap it on, and just go out and do it. You're going to be a bit dissapointed if this was your thought process. I don't mean to burst your bubble but :blowingup: sorry.

Another couple of factors to think about...he is in Colorado (high elevation) and he is 19 :whistle:

Another couple of factors to think about...he is in Colorado (high elevation) and he is 19 :whistle:
:laugh: hey at altitude you get rid of some of the drag associated with the speed.. at least a turbo can net you the power in thin air too (BTDT).. :whistle:

After watching that 10 year old burning up the track, in a video posted here a couple of days ago, I will be the last one commenting on somebody's age.
I want to check him out again when he is 19.

And never having been 19 myself :whistle: I don't know what that is like either.

I do know I still dream and look forward to getting to those dreams, someday.

Back