Top speed on nitro 2001 busa - 205mph

WRYFOX

Registered
Haven't been on this board in a LOOOng time but did this a couple of years ago before back problems developed and now keep me off the bike...can't take the forward position anymore...damn.

Anyway, 2001 Busa, TRE, Yosh exhaust, PC with very custom maps (took six months of tuning) for street and strip and nitro, airbox mod, and probably some other stuff I can't remmber I did to it. Running nitromethane it dynos at 225hp. Did all of one top speed run on nitro one day in southern alabama. Check it out...

Hayabusa_top_speed___Nitro_fuel__1.jpg

what percentage of nitro are you using? and what are you cutting it with??

curious what kind of ignition box, coils, spark plugs you've found to work with this kind of a setup....

Will check data, I burned up my last jug before moving couple years ago. It was nitro/alcohol mix with some racing fuel. Didn't change a thing on ignition components. Fired just fine. I know I could have improved power with spark mods but after years and years of modding bikes (and spending more time in garage than road) wanted to see what I could get out of a mostly stock config. Ended up modding more than I planned...and can't remember everything I did. Sucks to get old.

nice run what mounting bracket are you sing for the etrex. i have a vista and have been looking for a good mount

Back