Top speed in each gear on a busa?

Saw a shirt once that said 1st, 2nd, and 3rd are for riding . 4th, 5th, and 6th are for going to jail
Based on memory not to be confused with fact I shift to second around 72 MPH and third around 124, maybe the Busa is a first gear ride :laugh:

x factor =rider skill/experience/size of nutz

The bike is smooth all the way through, but yes; one does start thinking about road hazards when at speed :laugh: I use to do it all the time on the Gen I, I've been there on the Gen II, don't know if I've seen it all, and have not ran it with GPS. I guess I've been there done that and it's not all that anymore. Not Josh has been up around 250 MPH on his. That might be a different level :laugh:

Will someone please just put a camera on your bike, go for a ride, hit redline on every shift, and post the video? {Please understand that this is for informational purposes only. WWW.Hayabusa.Org does not condone illegal activities and will not condone street racing except on an approved track with a professional rider. Closed course riding only. Please note that the thoughts and opinions expressed here are not that of www.hayabusa.org and will never be described as such and stuff}

The Gen 1 numbers Josh posted are pretty close. My stock gearing setup with fresh tires at 38 psi runs 127.01 in 3rd according to the lights at Royal Purple. I couldn't decide whether to grab on more gear and the limiter caught it right at the traps. Next time, I will shift. ;) That will be this weekend at the Texas Mile if things go to plan.

I know this is old but I have accurate #'s for a de restricted second gen. These are real life gps numbers. stock gearing/stock tire gen 2 -186mph on speed limiter. Same setup with speed limiter removed- 193 mph on rev limiter 6th gear. Same setup with 190/55 pilot power- 198 mph rev limiter 6th gear.

Unrestricted/flashed ecu. stock gen 2 with 18/40 gearing, no mirrors, and pro pilot will run 209 at 11,000 rpm. with the stock cans. Same setup with cans removed will go 213 at 11,000?? My 6th gear rev limit is set to 11,300 and I haven't bumped it yet, so there is still more. I'm guessing that my variation in speed at the same rpm may be some clutch slippage in high gear that I can't feel, or possibly my let off is a little inconsistent. Theses numbers were an average of three runs with each setup and clocked by an officially calibrated (by the state) radar system in a police car on a 2mile private owned strip of asphalt, so I feel like they are pretty accurate. Just throwing that out there for anyone that cares :-)

I have hit 198 in 6th GPS verified with 190/55 rear and stock sprockets sizing on a 1999 Original year busa...

IMG_1394_1_.jpg

BB

I think you are pretty dang close! My Gen I would run through the lights @ 138 and just bump the limiter crossing the line.

Drag strip traps are also not 100% accurate(although, it is pretty close). They measure the speed over the last 66 feet and average that to get a time. At the end of the 66' you are going faster than when you enter those speed traps.

Back