TOP SPEED FOR THE 2000 BUSA

Didn't mean to sound like I was picking on you, cellphoney. Yours was just a handy example to use, nothing personal.

P.S. I've "only" seen 160 on the speedo in 5th on mine, and I short-shifted at 9 grand. I didn't continue in 6th, that was enough for me on the road. If I want to go faster, I'll make it to a track day at Willow Springs. I like low insurance rates.

Last night an akro equipped R1 invited me out to I95 for a top end race. Smiling from ear to ear and looking around the parking lot at 30 some bikes waiting to come along for the "rolling spectator" view, I graciously accepted. Traffic was a little heavier than usual for 12:30am but it didnt seem to matter as we approached the onramp. The first gap we got we both layed down and twisted to the stop. Usually I roll off around 195-200 but this was personal. Besides this fukkin R1 was not going anywhere right up to that speed on the clock. I held her balls out till she flickered to redline which showed 215mph. This is with a 16 tooth front.
The R1 ate shitt, needless to say and I gained a whole new respect for my blue warrior. Not just for the speed but for the way she felt at that speed. Like a peterbuilt.

Like I said (although I only went to 9 grand in 5th), at speed it feels as solid as sitting on the crapper in a brick sheethouse. When I did my blast thru the gears on I-15, there was one car, two lanes over. I went past him right as I shifted from 4th to 5th. I smiled as I thought what I must have looked like going by in the dark, him going around 70 and me more than double that...like a cruise missile heading for downtown Bagdad.

When I get brave enough, this baby is going for a track day at Big Willow. I have to try that front straight.

Omega- You are the man! That is the kind of posting I like to see, pure full out maniacal speed. I believe that we are under an obligation, a categorical imperative if you will, to put R1's (and other wannabe's)in their place. Noblesse oblige and all that, the burden falls on all Busa owners to slap all interlopers down at their earliest possible convenience. "There can be, perhaps, no nobler calling then to defend the Busa"- Emmanuel Kant

218 mph on the clock with stock gearing.
2000 red gray 197.5 on a gun. i'd say there is no speed limiter. just the rev limiter and this is where it hits.

Back